YEY! The Joy of a Good Lesson

puppyjohn

May 7, 2006
I'm very pleased with myself, as after a few and bad, and a few not-good-not-bad lessons, i was getting a bit down. But today i had a reall y good lesson. My horse listened to me, all the time apart from 1 or two times. I also am getting better at squeezing with my lower legs, as opposed to kicking with my heels. Also, my RI introduced me to trotting poles, which to be honest I was scared of because of a bad experience where the horse I was riding Jumped over some trotting poles. Anyway, I got through those really well

:p SO I'm really happy :D YEY

xx

Brilliant! Well done :) I just had one of those great lessons too. I get stuck at one level and find it difficult to move up a gear, but its great when it all clicks, or an instructor says something differently and everything clicks into place and you can just feel yourself improving there and then :)

Jo

Yeh, today ev erything just clicked, like using my legs to direct the horse instead of the reins hehehe Now I've just got to sort out my position :D

Great isn't it

I had a great lesson today too. have struggled with canter for weeks, just couldn't get more than 2-3 strides. Today it clicked and I suddenly went completely relaxed for some reason, sat up and thought I'm paying for this, I need to do it! I managed 2 circuits and only stopped because my lesson was over. I feel great after that. And my instructor was amazed! Trouble is I have no idea how I did it! Glad to hear you are doing well, we are doing trotting poles soon:eek: There's nothing beats the feeling when riding goes well.

Hi can i just ask you a couple of q's ?

How many people do you have have at riding school?

How many horses/ponies do the r school have?

Does R school do any shows or gymkaras for the kids ?

What kind of policy does r school have?

How many rosettes do you have ?

puppyjohn said:
I'm very pleased with myself, as after a few and bad, and a few not-good-not-bad lessons, i was getting a bit down. But today i had a reall y good lesson. My horse listened to me, all the time apart from 1 or two times. I also am getting better at squeezing with my lower legs, as opposed to kicking with my heels. Also, my RI introduced me to trotting poles, which to be honest I was scared of because of a bad experience where the horse I was riding Jumped over some trotting poles. Anyway, I got through those really well

:p SO I'm really happy :D YEY

xx
That's fantastic news well done! :D

Sounds like it's coming together! ;)
And aren't trotting poles a buzz when they go right!? hehe

Horsesaddle said:
Hi can i just ask you a couple of q's ?

How many people do you have have at riding school?

How many horses/ponies do the r school have?

Does R school do any shows or gymkaras for the kids ?

What kind of policy does r school have?

How many rosettes do you have ?

Hi!! Um ok

1. I'm not sure what you meant.?? :p
2. I'd say around 15- 20 and there are horses and ponies
3. Yes. They do have the occasional fun gymkanas show etc.
4 Policy?? Aghh I'm not sure (Im only 13!)
5. None :( Well, I've only started riding and am not v. expreienced

Please Private message me if you want t o know anything ro are confused by any answers!!

newrider.com