You Know You're a Horse Person If...

galadriel

Feb 27, 2002
Florida
www.lorienstable.com
I know we've all seen these humor forwards over & over, bt somehow they're always different ;) Today's mailing from horsestuffco.com had one of them. I about coughed up my tea when I came to "You Know You're a Horse Person If... you save the hoof shavings for the dogs." I came close to falling out of my chair laughing :)

............When you forget to take your half chaps off to go into chapel....and when your kids are getting on your nerves by dawdling at your heels when traipsing round the shops, and you turn on them with a very impatient...."will you PLEASE walk ON?????"

in a car

.. you lean forward going up hills
... and rather than changing gear, you make a transition.

When taking the dog for a walk instead of asking him to heel you tell him to wlak on or when taking to dog training you make him jump the jumps (I do appologise to my dog now)

ps if you are wondering how I made him jump the jumps at dog training he went to the local equestrin place where she then did dog training as well as horse lessons.

Laughing Hard here!

I do the lean forward when going up hills in the car one!! Or do jumping position over speed bumps!! :D oops!

I have been known to tell people to "walk on" - and have once been caught flicking a lead rope round me and Bren to get rid of the flies!!!

It was noticed a couple of days ago also that in my car is a horse first aid kid and not a human one! :rolleyes:

OH well - you gotta love em!

N

I also definitely call my husband (and friends) "Good Boy" (or "Good Girl"). And pat them.

I told the dogs "whoa" so much that I decided to just teach them that command instead. When i take the dog walking, they know "walk" and "whoa." (They also know "let's GO!" but then so do the horses...) I accidentaly call the dogs "good mare" sometimes... tho when I called a friend's horse a "good dog"--after a very long day--I got an evil look.

"You Know You're a Horse Person If...

You cycle past blowing paper bags very cautiously, talking to your bike reassuringly, in a calm voice, then tell it "good boy" once you're past.

No kidding - my husband is a keen cyclist, and likes me to join him, but has been known to pretend he's not with me after all!

Yep,

Since I became a riding addict (take it just one day at a time ;)), I have taken to patting my motorbike on the fuel tank and saying "good girl". Get's a laugh when I'm out with my rufty-tufti biker mates. But she is a good girl.:)

It's not just bicycles Tina, I can't help keeping an eye out for "scary things" like loose pieces of newspaper and binliners when I'm driving in my car! You'd think that I'd realise by now that the car will not spook!!! :D

Nicki

so...

I had just had my riding lesson and when my mom stoped at walmart i walked in in breechers/boots/dirty shirt and all helmet hair and one kid was staring at my legs i guess cuz of my stylin riding pants and i was like 'do you think my legs are sexy or something, you seem to be staring at them a lot' this old lady was lookin at me wierd to.... i got a lot of wierd looks i laughed the WHOLE TIME i couldn't stop! my mom is like 'you don't feel wierd in those clothes in a store' i was like 'NOPE its fun!' lol!!

i save the horse hooves that the farrier clips off for my dog she LOVES em lol!

i love the bike thing, i once told my frind ''carefull theres a flaping bag" when walking into town i don't think i'll ever live in down i still get the whole "carefull theres a house etc."

This thread is cracking me up. I about spit my beer on my monitor, Razzer, when you added, "but she is a good girl."

As for bicycling, I do find myself riding with my heels down sometimes (not the best bicycling form, but it does give a nice little calf stretch on those longer rides).

newrider.com