You Know You're a Horse Person If...

I have developed very soft and relaxed hands on the steering wheel and I'm moving with the car to help it along! And I spot bits of old plastic everywhere I drive or walk.

vclay - yep

lolaelsa - LOL
yep I "help" the car move too

I think my husband finally thought I had lost when we went out on the boat and the water was choppy and I was sitting quite tall and moving with the boat and when he asked what I was doing, I said improving my canter.

My family are always giving me weird looks, LOL... When I walk my dog, I 'train' her over jumps (i.e. small logs), and get her to run alongside me, whilst I yell 'Canter, canter, canter...'!!
I also 'cluck' my dog on, or ask people to 'walk on'. And then I wonder why everyone cautiously edges away from me....:D

HEHEHEHEHEH :D

I soooo dothat too,leaning forward when your going up hills in cars,my dad don't half give me funny looks but with my mum being a horsey lover too she understands,my dad well......football this football that

this is a great thread!

i always (not on purpose!) act like i'm riding a horse when i'm riding my bike ... two-point over curbs & speedbumps ... half-halts on the handle brakes ... once my friends were in hysterics when i wanted to slow down and actually sat back and said "eeeasy, whoa ..." before using the brakes :rolleyes:

also, i find that when i walk my neighbour's dog, i half-halt on the leash ... and we do get strange looks when we're running through the park with short, round strides, trying to get the dog to 'collect' ... ugh!

Last edited:
watching show jumping on TV

bet I'm not the only one who "rides" the last 3 strides and the jup from the sofa when watching SJ on TV :D

You know you're a horse person if . . .

when you must pass behind your husband in a confined space, you give him a little pat on the rump to "let him know you're there."

Luckily, he thinks it's affection rather than kick-prevention :)

Instead of walking your dog, you lunge her...oh goodness I'm guilty..:) My horse clothes now blend into my regular clothes, and I'm not sure there is a difference anymore!

You tie your daughter's plaits with cotton instead of scrunchies "to get a better finish"...

You never throw out old tatty jeans cos "they'll do for mucking out"...

You measure out strides between curbstones fetching the kids from school...

When you stick your hand in your pocket to find money for charity boxes all you find is baler twine...

You get very good at lying to washing machine repair men to hide the fact it broke because it wasn't made to wash turnout rugs and you honestly have no idea why the filters clogged up with mud - must have been his rugby kit...

.... your pockets are permanently half-filled with bits of straw

..... your car looks like an extension of the tack room

.......you will put up with watching a football match in the hope of catching a glimpse of a police horse

...... old Western movies give you the chance to check up on western riding styles

...... manure smells good to you

...... you remember your horse's birthday more readily than any family members'!!

Hetfinch :)

the most embarrassing yet...

You tell a woman at playgroup that your youngest child is a yearling.

How could I do that?!

(And my eldest is rising five...)

My moped's perfected the half-halt! :D And has now learnt to buck... :s (she needs to see the vet...ummm I mean the mechanic)

LOL
I'm known as horsey again cos.........

*I've clucked at people to get them to walk on
*The highlight of a football match is seeing the police horses!
(once, when I went 2 see a football match [wimbledon vs arsenal] I took a copy of "black beauty" with me 2 read when I got bored, I was miffed off when the floodlights failed cos I couldn't read the book!)
*when I owned a guinea pig I used 2 make him jump over poles!
*when I look at tyre dumps, I think of all the tyre jumps that could have been made out of the tyres!

newrider.com