You Know You're a Horse Person If...

When moving or lifting heavy objects you come out with 'come on' or 'get on' to encourage them. (I hope no ones heard me yet).

Wondering why people come out with coments such as 'where's your horse mate' when walking down the high street. Then realise your kitted out in your hat, jodphurs and half chaps.

I have also given my dog, cats, rabbit and guinea pigs jumping lessons. Gone into the foward seat going over speed jumps in the passenger seat of the car and on my bike. Commented on other animals walk, trot, canter and gallop and called them by the names of horsey colours and markings.

dont u think its wierd...

but very very cool that animal people live in a world of there own! i have to say i am more of a dog person than a horsey one but i cluck at every animal to get them moving. id much rather be in an animal world than the real world sumtimes!! :rolleyes:

hehehe...

When I ride my motorcycle I put the ball of my foot on the pegs and keep my heels down...and chastise myself when I find myself pinching the tank with my knees!

my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy 'cause of it :D

I once was competing at Canterbury A&P Show and i had just finished my classes and was looking around at the rest of the show. It had just started to teem down with rain and the main arena was getting drenched. I was waiting ringside for the show jumps to be erected, when the next thing 6 rally cars drove into the ring and proceeded to do donuts and wheelies etc all over the grass!! I thought it was a joke and suddenly there were all these people there wathcing and cheering for this carnage! I was really starting to feel sick and then a loud speaker goes and "thank you to our feature ring entertainment!" The grass was completely gone in 10 minutes and then they drove in with the show jumps!! If I had been jumping that day I would have lodged a formal complaint! Luckily there were no serious falls due to the mud, but there was not one clear round!

The difference in car people and horse people i suppose!

I also ride my bike "heels down, and I measure out the striding before a speed bump as a jump.."3....2.........1....jump! and Go into a proper jumping position over it.
I refused to buy a cycle helmet and would wear my riding helmet everywhere.
I wear my muddy boots into the supermarket.
Every opportunity I get, Cheeky gets a mention, even if we are discussing Greek history!!(weird i know)
Ooh and I also pump my legs on the bike in a trot rhthym...1-2-1-2-1-2 and a canter 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3

Last edited:
newrider.com