Your favorite of the welsh sections.....? :P

josiex

Feb 3, 2008
Okay... Well I completely LOVE anything to do with welsh ponies I have had section A's B's and a C I only need a D and Ive had the whole set!

My favorite has to be the welsh B, they are SO stunning, but I am particular with my breeding and atm I am completley loving Cottrell Ameretto, Rhoson Shem ect! The best pony I have ever had was a welsh B called Cottrell Chatter, by Cwrtycadno Cadfridog. He was such a character and his paces were well amazing!!!! When I am like 80 I will have 30 welsh ponies instead of 30 cats! hahahah wooo!
PhotoAlbumBig.jsp

Last edited:
umm favourite, probably a D- just size wise basically, i have a C and a D (pics on my profile if you want to look) and love them both (infact love my C more if truth be told) but you couldnt find another like him so it would have to be a D :)

I'm a section A fan. I just love the way such an incredibly tough little animal could be so exquisitly beutifull. As for bloodlines I would have anything that goes back to Coed Coch, Synod or Revel.

As and Ds.

Although slight biased as these are the only sections i've been lucky enough to own!

My A was as hardy and versatile as they come.
Have always had a soft spot for D's, well, a 'true to type' D anyway.

I love Ds the most but old fashioned A's and C's are lovely too. B's seem to be the odd ones out to me - they don't seem to fit in the 'group'. They are still very beautiful but not my type of pony. I like chunky and hairy :)

Love seeing A's in the show ring with little girls in there canary jods and pig tails with red ribbons (brings back memories)

but my favourite's are D's, my friend had a mare, liver chestnut, absolutely gorgeous, called chardonnay, looked amzing in the WH ring :)

I would love an up to height C!!

Although i love watching the tiddler Popsters Loaded Weapon - he's fantastic!

My favourite are Cs, closely followed by As but I am biased as I breed both. The Cs in particular are very versatile and make great family ponies.

Don't forget even the Revels, Coed Coch etc go back even further to the likes of Bowdler, Gredington, Clan and Varda, studs and many other names that have been long forgotten!

I don't have a fave, they all have their merits, and I have enjoyed working with all the ones from A to D. And a D X Hackney was one of the best.

I have a D x unknown (no papers) - but unmistakeably D

She is the funniest animal on the earth - and I love her to bits, she has even converted my non-horsey family who also love her to death now :) She is very "special" - lots of odd habits but totally genuine and no nastiness (just strong opinions).

She is a marmite pony - would drive some people crazy, but I wouldn't change her and can't imagine owning a non-Welsh now. I have crazy thoughts about having another D when Moll is retired :eek:

newrider.com