Your Projects

Well Andi tossed 3 bags across the stall last nite :rolleyes::rolleyes:.
Its 2f real temp so I'm not sure if it was a hissy fit or she managed to get some hay
Behind I gave lots of hay inside and out.
But they went back up fine with just a hole here and there o_O

Reactions: Jessey
I have been making haynets again :D I bought a couple of 100m rolls or paracord from ebay, managed to get 6 haynets out of them with a little extra spare paracord thrown in. (3 big nets and 3 small nets). I reduced the number of strands on the small ones to 10 instead of 12 as I could only get 10 strands on the 1 inch rings.

Yes I have 2 full nubians
2 Nigerian dwarf s
2 alpines
1 mini nubian first generation which is
Combo a Nigerian dwarf and nubian
Hes got half mast ears not floppy not
Upright.

That is one of my miracle goats. LINCOLN
in the photo. He has a hard cast on.
He got stepped on by the mother at his birth farm and had an broken neck.
He had a hard cast 2 soft casts
Went thru 2 bouts of being paralyzed had ri tell us when he had to pee to stand him up. And LOTS. of little goat physical therapy.
Hes thriving but there is always the bit of a worry that every thing grows at the same rate to not cause problems.
WE have a second miracle goat we were supposed to get all 3 when weaned but since there was something not right with Lincoln we took him very quickly cause she did not have good goat vets near her that's when we found out he had a broken neck.
The other 2 she said were kind of thin not gaining well but we really did not know how bad it was or we would have taken them we had a pen set up in dining room for LIncoln we could have had a second :p:p the more the Merrier on the couch;)
We had so much going on with Lincoln to really quiz much and shes not close So I only saw them at 5 days old.
We gave them names of Theodore and Roosevelt

By the time she got it sorted out with vet loosing samples wrong worm diagnosis
Roosevelt died and they thought Theodore needed a transfusion and that could only be done at the big vet hospital.
I met her at the hospital took him on the spot so treatment was under my name.
He was 3 months old and 12 pounds he should have been 30 he was only 2 weeks younger than Lincoln and looked like a newborn he was total skin and bone.
HES MIRACLE GOAT NUMBER 2:):););)

THEY figured he did not need a transfusion they could get the numbers up and get him correctly dewormed the told me half goat HALF WORMS his count was 27000

I had to get twice weekly blood tests to check numbers and he started to rally.:):)
Picking up weight and growing.
I regret not realizing how bad things were and taking BOTH much sooner.
Maybe Roosevelt could have been saved too:(:(.

But Lincoln and Theodore are the best buddies .

Goats and horses are my passion.
Goats make the best pets and my husband Is allergic to dogs and since im not a dog person
that honestly works out well .
He is not allergic to the horses or goats thank god.
They are all fixed boys and if you took the words from the old time song
BE A CLOWN.…. and changed the word clown to goat it would fit well;)
Theodores thin is to pull hats he LOVES to take his daddys hat.
My husband does not ride he likes the horses but has a much bigger connection to
all HIS BOYS.:D:D

IMG_5473.JPG

IMG_7548.JPG
Here are the 2 miracle goats together Lincoln and Theodore

Danni the oldest he will be 11
IMG_7450.JPG
Sleepy time

IMG_7412.JPG
You can see chesters IMG_7395.JPGears are kind of half mast hes the white one with a blue collar.

Another project I'd love is a bit of an addition to the deck with a walkway so the goats could come right up here to the house with their own little deck right next to ours:):););):p:p

One goat project was a clubhouse within the clubhouse for the Theodore and Lincoln.
They will always have to be separate from the other 5 cause we cant chance not really knowing how fragile Lincolns neck isIMG_7772.JPG
There is also a window between their clubhouse and and the bigger ones

@horseandgoatmom They are lovely :D I love my goats as well, I've got 9 now, 4 boys (2 bucks, 2 wethers) and 5 girls. Apart from my Nubian boy they are all Part bred Boers. I'm going to be building a new barn so I can have more as well,lol.

Here's a recent-ish pic of my boys, left to right it's Freddie, Muldoon, Jack and Rambo. Freddie and Rambo are brothers and Jack is Rambo's Son. :)
My Boys.jpg

Ohhhh adorable.

Ours all have mountain/president theme names

Danni for Denali they are all fixed boys but I like Danni better than Danny

Kinley
Chester
Washington
Jefferson
Lincoln
Roosevelt
Washington and Jefferson are the Nigerian dwarf brothers
Chester is the mini nubian and he has the same father as Lincoln and Theodore

Ohhhh is Muldoon a spotted boer??.:):)
I went to a scrapbooking show a few years ago and woo hoo they had a boer show in one of the other pavilions that I had no idea about til I got there.

They had some really unusual cool looking spotted boers.;)
I had not seen them before.

Reactions: Trewsers
@horseandgoatmom Muldoon is my Anglo Nubian boy, but I do love the spotted Boers, I don't think there are any over in the UK/Ireland though unfortunately.

Jack is mostly Boer but has a bit of Saanen in him (Rambo is 3/4 Boer, Jacks mum is Boer x Saanen).

Most of my girls have tree/plant/nature names, I have Blossom (who is Rambo and Freddies mum, and is in Kid to Muldoon), Briar (who is Jacks sister) and Willow and Ivy who are sisters (also Freddie and Rambo's half sisters). Jack and Briars mum is Zilly, which is short for Zelinda, she was named before I got her.

Chester was the only one already named
But woo hoo I scoured mountain names
And managed to find a Mount. CHESTER
and also we had a the 21st president
Chester A Arthur
So his name was safe ;)

He was young still on a bottle his mother rejected him but I really wanted to find a way to keep his name :).

I'd love to have home born babies but dairy/ soap/cheese places want to find good homes for the boys.
So all ours are wethers.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com