Your school routine

Sometimes I am very organised and have a PLAN - even written down in my pocket. I get various exercises from RI, horse magazines or books.

Other times I just think of what we have been doing in our lessons and practice that.

But I don't have a set routine - I just go with the flow and how we're feeling.

Izzy and I would get bored with too much schooling or too much of the same thing.

At the moment we are finishing every session with a bit of loading into the horsebox and copious treats for being a good boy in the box.:dance:

I think it depends a lot on the horse but I prefer a short purposeful schooling session rather than repetition.

Agree with that

I will warm up in walk with circles etc on both reins for 5/10 minutes then trot, we have a break then do more, then another break and then we will do some canter work or more trot if i feel it needs working on.

Generally If i feel its gone well after 25 minutes I will stop.........rarely ride for longer than 40 minutes but always end on a good note and dont always do exactly the same every time i ride, sometimes i dont canter, sometimes I dont do transition work, we will try lateral work some days and others not.......all varies really :)

we hack 2 days a week also so it gives him something else to do :D smething fun for him!!

newrider.com