YOUR views on atral horseman ship

DO you do it?

DO you disagree with it?

DO you know someone how has done it ? did it work

WHAT types of horses should it be used on

let me now wat you think

This is chezzy my mare

Last edited:
I think that natural horsemanship is a good way to train horses. I have trained horses the natural way in the past, no particular method, and have had great success. I have mainly trained horses with a difficult reputation and found this way to be the best for them as they learnt to trust me. I have now bought a new horse after many years away from riding and I shall employ the same principles I have used in the past. My new horse is a young horse only 3 and is a lot posher than the horses I have had in the past, well bred and well mannered, but I am sure that he will respond to the natural way the same as the difficult horses did.

thanks for the advice conchise. I answered this thread but as I am still learning my way through this site I had not seen the natural horsemanship forum. will be regular visitor there.:)

YOUR views on atral horseman ship- Natural Horseman ship is GREAT! i love it, i am a huge Parelli fan.

DO you do it? yup i do!

DO you disagree with it?
nope, love it
DO you know someone how has done it ? did it work
My friend does it with her baby and its worked wonders on him, he is so much more respectfull
WHAT types of horses should it be used on
i think it could be used on EVERY horse!

worked really well with my cob mare - transformed her from a thug to a sweet compliant almost kind mare (well she is never going to be Mary Poppins) but she is no longer dangerous or unpredictable, and it taught her not to throw her weight around and hurt people.

she was never hit, hurt, or frightened, just given choices and she is a bright bunny and worked out quickly that it was easier to be nice than be horrible. she is happier in herself now as she doesn't have to do all the thinking for us!

Hi,

My mare was uncontrollable until i did Parelli. I tried everything inc 3 expensive top dressage riders. She wouldn't slow down for anyone. It was either to retire her and put her in foal or have a go at Parelli. Put it this way, its changed my life.

I can now walk on a grass verge and walk in the school!!!!

So, yes i do beleive in it and yes it does work. How can it not? its natural, its what horses do to horses in the wild.

I would never go back to the typical english way of riding.

Hope you had a good week end ;)

I personally think NH is great.

DO you do it?
Yes I do

Do you disagree with it/
No

Do you know someone who has done it? Did it work?
Yes, I know quite a few people who do it, and Yes it definately works.

What type of horses should it be used on?
Any and all horses respond to this kind of training.

I think its a great way of communicating with my horse, and the relationship you get is brilliant.
Me and my horse are the best of friends :D

newrider.com