Your weather

It was -5c when I went out, but gloriously sunny, the ice is melting fast where the sun is hitting, it finally has some warmth to it.

I picked up a bag of parsnips this morning, everyone enjoyed a couple, the little boys are so well insulated they still had frost on them at 09.30
936D6D60-1668-418D-8C96-1597C8826229.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Huggy and Trewsers
Well this icy chilly weather has caused me to fancy an Irish Coffee.
I don't drink, but it's still soothing I like
Haven't learnt to make it as good as dad used to at Christmas though.

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
@newforest the Irish Coffee makes me think of the spiced syrup for hot milk we made at the end of last year. It works for coffee too but Steve can't drink coffee any more so now he has a spicy milk instead.

We use a vanilla syrup cheap as chips from the Home section of TK Maxx, then add a heaped tablespoon of powdered ginger and a teaspoon of coriander, a large cinnamon stick and a dozen bruised cardamom pods.

It has sat for 4 weeks and now we're using it. It's delicious stirred into hot milk and very warming.

In other news, it was -7 again this morning so no riding for me today. And it's a beautiful day! I am annoyed.

Reactions: Huggy
@newforest the Irish Coffee makes me think of the spiced syrup for hot milk we made at the end of last year. It works for coffee too but Steve can't drink coffee any more so now he has a spicy milk instead.

We use a vanilla syrup cheap as chips from the Home section of TK Maxx, then add a heaped tablespoon of powdered ginger and a teaspoon of coriander, a large cinnamon stick and a dozen bruised cardamom pods.

It has sat for 4 weeks and now we're using it. It's delicious stirred into hot milk and very warming.

In other news, it was -7 again this morning so no riding for me today. And it's a beautiful day! I am annoyed.
It's interesting you say Steve can't drink coffee anymore.
I am finding I can't drink more than three cups, otherwise I get awful heartburn. I never used to.
So I will have to have the Irish coffee in the afternoon or I will suffer all night for it else.

I have never had Irish coffee - but then again I have to be careful what I consume as it can set off a health problem I have. I limit my coffee to two cups of instant (Douwe Egberts) in a morning. I used to love Mcdonalds coffee but I would climb the walls after too much of it! @newforest I thought Irish coffee just had something alcoholic tipped in?

I think Irish coffee is coffee with Irish whiskey in it and whipped cream or double cream on the top. I believe some people like Bailey's but that is yuk in my view.

I can drink 2 shots of espresso a day before it affects me. I like it as a flat white. I see instant coffee as an abomination, but useful in the kitchen.

I make it with whiskey (grouse), coffee and single cream. I find it all mixes nicely together.

I used to drink nothing but Taylors of Harrogate Rich Italian ground coffee, but for some reason I just stopped one day when the coffee press thingy broke and I had a jar of Egberts in the cupboard and it wasn't half bad. I need a new coffee caffettiera thingy. And some nicer cups. I had some small (ish) blue Denby ones but they went bad on me. I need to have a good kitchen clear out................

Glorious weather here today, so mild and calm. I could almost smell spring this morning whilst out with Storm. Wonderful. Though I know this time next week everything could change!

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
@newforest has she overcome her thalassophobia (fear of the sea)?

Grey and cold here today, but still dry. We got out.
She was wanting to paddle in the lake, but that was because she wanted the grasses growing in it.

I won't take her near the sea, unless she heads towards it. I promised her I only want to use the sand.

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com