Yumove Equine Active Joint Patch

Looks interesting. So is it aimed at say for example hock stiffness? Or more specific injury? Were you thinking of buying for jess for now? Or to keep in your first aid kit on standby?

Wonder how long the patches last? It could work out quite expensive if they are one offs? (sorry if I'm missing things today, I'm in a hotel feeling extremely tired and not quite with it after two plane rides yesterday)

I was thinking for both really, she's having a bad time again and I had a chat with the vet last night about possibly injecting with hyaluronic acid or platelet rich plasma as giving her a very low dose ( half a gram of bute every other day) of anti inflammatory seems to really help but I don't want her on bute long term and won't bute to ride but the HA and PMP are both meant to have anti-inflammatory actions and help with healing, so my thought on this were to use it as a bit of a trial to see if its worth injecting the HA.

It could def get expensive if you wanted to use them daily, I was just thinking of keeping a couple on standby for those particularly bad days.

Reactions: Trewsers
Do you think you might try the plasma? It was only just being talked about five and a bit years ago when J had his suspensory injury and some hock troubles. I suspect it has come on quite a bit. What are the costs involved ? Would you have to stable her or take her to a surgery?

Do you think you might try the plasma? It was only just being talked about five and a bit years ago when J had his suspensory injury and some hock troubles. I suspect it has come on quite a bit. What are the costs involved ? Would you have to stable her or take her to a surgery?

I would consider it, I went to another of our vets talk evenings last night and this was one of the things they covered and they said they have been having some really strong successes with it, they showed before and after scans which definitely supported it, though obviously those aren't double blind trials, just anecdotal evidence. I would be put off if it were expensive but apparently its just the price of an injection as they take their blood and spin it off to get the PRP. I would have to take her in for it to be done which isn't a problem.

Admittedly I am more inclined to try the HA first, Bo had that when he did his stifle and he came sound in less than 3 months when the prognosis was only a 50% chance of coming sound in 6 months. Additionally they can inject the HA intramuscularly and it works on every joint, which given there was RF lameness hiding behind the LF lameness on her first work up, might be of benefit.

newrider.com