Zlideon replacement zippers?

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
The other day my mum showed me a video she had found on FB of a clip on zipper replacement, I just remembered about it so I've been looking on Amazon and found Zlideon replacement zippers, they look really good, but has anyone actually used them and do they work?

I'm thinking they might be useful for a pair of Ariat boots I have had under my bed for a few years since the zipper went on one of them, I'd love to be able to use them again if I could repair the zip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trewsers
Reactions: Jessey
I believe it's the width of the teeth. If the zipper is a YKK it should have a number on the back of the zip slider which is the size.

Reactions: Jessey
I've added one to my basket on Amazon for my next order of stuff, even with a YKK with the size on it's a bit of a challenge to find the right size, hope they fit!

Reactions: Trewsers
I have just used wire in mine. You can still pull the one that snapped off.
It wasn't just the tab that broke on mine, but the whole bit the tab is on that does the zipping, so nothing to put wire on :( A paperclip is my normal thing for tab replacement :)

After much deliberation we think we might have got it pegged! Lol I have just emailed them (zlideon) to be sure. Didn't want to get it wrong. It's a size 8 zip but there is choice of a or b!

It wasn't just the tab that broke on mine, but the whole bit the tab is on that does the zipping, so nothing to put wire on :( A paperclip is my normal thing for tab replacement :)
Ah that makes sense.
Can a cobbler put a zip on?

Did you order it in the end? Any good? I'm going to order but after buying some zips to add to my chaps that don't fit I'm wary now!

Did you order it in the end? Any good? I'm going to order but after buying some zips to add to my chaps that don't fit I'm wary now!

yeah I ordered one but was a bit annoyed at them for not even bothering to reply! I ordered from amazon. It's coming from America and won't arrive until end Feb. I just made a leap of faith in the end! We picked size eight plastic. Fingers crossed......

newrider.com