Any Ideas for a home made spray????

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
Andi is killing off the rabbits she can get to on the round pen>:mad::(

It had been very windy and at first I thought one blew off -- then WOW wind was worse than I thought an arm blew off another!!!:eek::eek:

WELL she is grabbing on them and kind of tearing them up:mad::mad::mad::mad:.

Does anyone have an idea for a homemade spray to deter her???:):)

(lol guess it all stems back to when she had her 3 year old party where I had her for training and we had a "pinata" filled with horse goodies and all the horses had a great time ripping it up)

She normally does not touch any of the banners or anything I have on the top of the round pen.

Any Ideas appreciated!:):)

I honestly don't know - J used to eat the arena fencing and I wondered if there was anything I could spray on it. Really don't know why he did it, he wasn't short of food or trapped in there, he just chose to stand and do it!lol
Norty Andi:D

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I was more worried about a murderous horse ripping the limbs off rabbits when I first read this! :D

Does your tack shop sell anti-crib sprays? That might work but I think if it was me, I'd just move the bunnies to a safe zone before any more lose their lives:D:D

I was more worried about a murderous horse ripping the limbs off rabbits when I first read this! :D

LOL THANK GOD NO!

There was a horrible video on line once of a horse or pony that was running after and stomping on baby "somethings" out in the pasture.
It was awful - I don't remember if it was chicks or bunnies..
I could not imagine having a horse/pony that would do something like that.

Andi did dig into a snow pile once out in the back yard and was sticking her nose into where she pawed into. It was gross she was putting her nose on a DEAD RABBIT!!. She did not kill it It looked like an animal ;prior to a snowstorm had gotten to it - then it snowed hard and got covered over by multiple storms.
But ugh what horse puts a nose on something like that !!! That did gross me out === No kissing that nose!!!

Maybe she has a thing for rabbits:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

She has trashed what she can get to :(. The others are still safe and the snow and ice probably won't be gone enough before easter to have to worry letting her and Sonny together where she would be able to get to the others

I was thinking I might have to find something like cribbing spray

I remember seeing that video too.
Yes, cribbox or something? Mind you, back when we were on a yard, J still chewed the side of the wooden barn door, despite the yard manager treating it with stuff! He must have found it even tastier:eek:

newrider.com