Anyone tried Muck Boots??

But that's the beauty of Muck boots Joyscarer.... the leg part of them is made from neoprene which stretches.... And because they stretch they are not uncomfortably tight like wellies! My calves were 16.5" at their max but I think there are some people on here with bigger than that who have had no probs with Muck boots....

If you ever get the chance to try a pair on I would recommend it to ANYONE... they are like wearing your slippers..... :p

That sounds promising. I hate having to change boots all the time in the really muddy weather ( note the deliberate avoidence of the word 'winter'!).

Do you find them too hot though? That's my worry.

I know 3-people who have the Muck Boot Company equestrian style boots and all 3 have split at the heel within approximately 6-9months of normal wear and tear. They have all split in exactly the same place, at the back of the heel where you stretch and flex you heel to keep it down.

I on the other hand and over a dozen friends all have the normal muck boot co boots and ride in them 5-times a week and have had them well over 12-months and not so much as crack in them, neoprene on inside of legs is getting a bit bobbly but I can live with that.

I therefore wouldn't get the riding type and would just stick to the normal kind - can't fault them - although as the weather has improved they are getting a little warm round the legs :D

If you do find them very warm, which in this weather they are getting a little warm, cos the tops are neoprene you can just roll them down :D

I do that now my woof wear's are crap so gone back to them and been folding them down when it's warm, they're very good for wet and winter conditions. Need to get some boots or something for summer though or it may just be trainers.

I know 3-people who have the Muck Boot Company equestrian style boots and all 3 have split at the heel within approximately 6-9months of normal wear and tear. They have all split in exactly the same place, at the back of the heel where you stretch and flex you heel to keep it down.

I on the other hand and over a dozen friends all have the normal muck boot co boots and ride in them 5-times a week and have had them well over 12-months and not so much as crack in them, neoprene on inside of legs is getting a bit bobbly but I can live with that.

I therefore wouldn't get the riding type and would just stick to the normal kind - can't fault them - although as the weather has improved they are getting a little warm round the legs :D

That doesn't sound too good.
I think i may buy them anyway and tell you lot what happens.
You shouldn't ride in the normal muck boots though, they don't have the heel.
xxxx

Both brands of my normal muck boots are suitable for riding in. That's what I specified at the tack shop when I bought them. I won't return to riding in joddy boots.

newrider.com