April Swap SHop

clashnoir

May 19, 2010
Nr Edinburgh, Borders
Thought I would start this off.

I have a 15" Thorowgood Griffin Pony Club saddle in xw(?) synthetic saddle in black. This is an older saddle but its in immaculate condition as he pony has barely been used for years.
Will measure it if anyone wants exact dimensions of it. Or send photos etc

I need to swap for something to fit my mare probably a 15" medium fit or m-w

Or sell for a sensible offer to fund my new one!

Last edited:
Needed for new horse?

Full size Hi Wither Numnah
50" Aerborn Atherstone Waffle girth
Hock Boots
Correctional type numnah or half pad possibly Lemieux Pro Sorb, Mattes Corrrectional, Aerborn Aerolite with shims/shimmy/pads (or without the shims but still with pockets!)

Happy to pay for all, thank you!

Clashnoir - I have 2 saddles that might be suitable depending on what you're looking for. I have a 15" medium maxam saddle. Black, synthetic, lighweight, well used so has the odd scuff mark but still a nice little saddle.
I also have an old leather saddle. It does look old so not suitable for showing, and could do with a good oil. I got my saddler to take a look at that one and she reckons it is a 15.5" medium or medium wide.
Don't need to swap as I have a lovely Barnsby saddle now but I want rid so not looking for much for them.

I also have some 5' rugs available if anyone is interested I shall get more details. I'm likely to have a stable rug, fleece, sweat rug and turnout.

Anyone got a nose net i could have urgently?? Cob Sized??

I also have some horsey stuff going on ebay, my ebay name is vixie100 :happy:

There were some uber cheap ones on ebay last summer vicki - I paid £7 for shires full face masks with nose bits :)

Had a look on ebay, so think ill buy one off there.

Need one to go on his bridle, he was really suffering today when i rode him :(

Snotty nose, lots & lots of sneezing and head shaking!

I think we must be in a hot spot for pollen because my friends horses seem to be doing the same.:timebomb:

Clashnoir - I have 2 saddles that might be suitable depending on what you're looking for. I have a 15" medium maxam saddle. Black, synthetic, lighweight, well used so has the odd scuff mark but still a nice little saddle.
I also have an old leather saddle. It does look old so not suitable for showing, and could do with a good oil. I got my saddler to take a look at that one and she reckons it is a 15.5" medium or medium wide.
Don't need to swap as I have a lovely Barnsby saddle now but I want rid so not looking for much for them.

I also have some 5' rugs available if anyone is interested I shall get more details. I'm likely to have a stable rug, fleece, sweat rug and turnout.

I need to measure her with the template then i'll get back to you. How much do you want for the Maxam? Turns our her saddle is 16.5" and a W but its only a child who'll ever be riding.

I need to measure her with the template then i'll get back to you. How much do you want for the Maxam? Turns our her saddle is 16.5" and a W but its only a child who'll ever be riding.

I ride madam in a 15" (or did) so upto a size 10 adults is probably fine in it:) just leg length with them!

I ride madam in a 15" (or did) so upto a size 10 adults is probably fine in it:) just leg length with them!

I was really surprised her saddle was a 16.5" but I got the impression the saddlery gave the owners a few to take home and try on and they picked that one. Going to measure her properly and see what size she actually needs.
Typical, never though to fit her saddle to my boy when i was saddleless or I'd have saved myself a fortune buying a stop gap till I found a nice one!
Never seen such a wide gullet on a wee saddle. Its at least 6" wide at the gulleta and 9.5" d-d ring. Be interesting to see what she comes up as on the template.

cashnoir - had a look on ebay and similar saddles are up for £60-£75 plus postage. However, I would like rid of it as I have 3 saddles taking up room! So £45 plus postage? Let me know if you're interested.

I will measure her tonight and get back to you tomorrow. Can you give me the d-d measurement so I can get a better idea of size

No problem. I should mention it is on the wider side of a medium fit. It is wider than the leather saddle which is also a medium. My pony is a med/wide and this saddle is just a little neat on him.

ETA - I'll pick it up from the yard and get the measurements for you

I might be interested in the fleece and sweat rug please.

Wanted 4" bit, prefer happy mouth or one with a french link.

Also after a small pony size bridle.

I have a 4.5" french link hanging cheek and a 5" (might be 5.5") fulmer french link also.

Need a smallish girth too to fit a shetland.

April Update

Wanted:

50" Aerborn Atherstone Waffle girth

Full sized side reins

For Sale/Swap

Black Full sized Mattes Platinum Numnah, lightly used, just has a few hairs on

Brown Hunter Bridle with reins

PM me about anything in case I don't keep up? Thanks

newrider.com