Bananas

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
Yes I am lol but seriously.

My husband bought some bananas home from work the other day, don't ask me where they came from:unsure:

I have been absent mindedly shoving them down for breakfast and occasional snacks and I can't believe how good they are for extra energy.

So its just a tip really, if you need some extra oomph during this cold snap, get some bananas:smile:

Also chuck the skin under any flowering plants in your garden, they have lots of potassium in them. My Tree Peonies love them.

I can only eat them when they are realy unripe, otherwise the smell puts me off.

All the tennis players at wimbledon munch them inbetween sets, so they must be good ofor something.

If they have gone a bit soft and manky I shove them in mashed up to a normal sponge mixture, and sprinkle some brown sugar on top... *LUSH* !

My friend swears by them and always eats them before trains but I hate the texture and taste :banghead:

Good tip thankyou!

I don't really like them but took one with me to the yard and ate it before cycling home, wasn't too bad and cycling was deffo easier!

Good tip thankyou!

I don't really like them but took one with me to the yard and ate it before cycling home, wasn't too bad and cycling was deffo easier!

I don't like them that much either tbh, but they are easy to carry round and snack on and definitely worth it for the result:smile:

I love banana's but not when they have black soggy bits, them bits go in the bin.

what I do love is banana loaf with walnuts, its so easy to make and a great snack.

I also love Fruit and Fibre cereal with a banana, very filling and tasty.

Another is the new Fruit and Fibre bread toasted with a banana

newrider.com