Barefoot saddle/wintec stock saddle???

tog's mum

Jul 26, 2010
I have a young (rising 3) fjord horse who i will prob 'sit on' end of summer but nothing more 'til next year, but am interested in either of the above, so would love opinions on either/both, or any recommendations. I have owned a freeform sb before. Are there any pressure problems regarding stirrup fixings or girth fixings with barefoot treeless? Also interested in hearing about stability, as will be used to back and you never know!, Also ultimatley want to ride western so the navada or arizona would be a good option. (I am 5'5" 10st dressed/boots/hat)

Also, he has a short back..so that needs to be born in mind

I had a Barefoot Nevada a few years ago - loved it! I think I just liked having the extra security of the horn! Have also had a cheyenne and a London and to be honest - I liked them all. Never had any problems with the slipping etc although trying to find one that suited Archie and his short back was an issue and we eneded up back in treed

Often wish that I hadnt sold my Barefoots:cry:

I have been loaned a Nevada to use on Jack and frankly, I can't wait to give it a whirl. It will be ideal whilst he gains weight and fills out and then when he stops changing shape I can decide whether to revert to tree'd or stick with the Barefoot. I'm hoping to move Jack to a livery yard with off-road hacking at the end of the month so I'll be updating how we get on after that.... fingers crossed! :biggrin:

I have a 3.5 year old and backed her last year in a Barefoot Cheyenne, I
LOVE IT...............as long as you get the pad right, mine slipped until
I got that sorted and a shorter girth.

Sioned loves it as well, didn't batt an eyelid, they are just soooo comfy.

I also bought a Western Saddle (big, Heavy 'BLING' thing) but had a few more fitting problems with that, now hopefully sorted, but think the Cheyenne will be the one we use most of the time.

I have a 3.5 year old and backed her last year in a Barefoot Cheyenne, I
LOVE IT...............as long as you get the pad right, mine slipped until
I got that sorted and a shorter girth.

Sioned loves it as well, didn't batt an eyelid, they are just soooo comfy.

I also bought a Western Saddle (big, Heavy 'BLING' thing) but had a few more fitting problems with that, now hopefully sorted, but think the Cheyenne will be the one we use most of the time.

I have heard they are comfortable, what pad did you end up using and what shape is your horse or pony? :nerd:

I have heard they are comfortable, what pad did you end up using and what shape is your horse or pony? :nerd:

Yes, I am looking into getting the Wintec stock saddle. I wish I knew of a saddle fitter that had one to try out :(

newrider.com