K.T

Nov 3, 2007
Northampton
Here is Buddy in his new saddle.

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

Hey cool, it did :D. Thanks KT - font of all knowledge!! Now all you have to do is work out what they mean:D

Magicsix - well done!!

Amber - its a Garland Roper saddle - I think its going to take a while to feel normal - as ive got so used to my barefoot! it feels like a big ol` chair Lol:D

Don't want to be a spoil sport but does it fit? I don't know much about western saddle fitting but there seems to be not a lot of it actually touching his back? I know they're meant to flare up a bit at the back but none of the back half of the saddle looks like it's touching? And is the seat not meant to be level? In that saddle your entire weight will be pushed right onto his loins.

It's a very nice saddle though:eek:

I really hope it fits - as ive had Don from thebootand saddlecompany out to fit it - you have worried me now - so i will pass on your comments to him!!

looks a really nice saddle.:)

It does look to be a bit high off his back, although it looks to be following the curve of his back, is your pad too thick?

it has a very thick pad underneath which is twice as thick at the front - as Buddy has lost quite a bit of weight through the winter. Its a Roper saddle.

looks realy comfy KT, and buddy looks lovely ! i've got the same saddle pad as you - its fantastic - so well padded. mines purple though! love the red on bud.
know nothing about fitting the saddle - maybe they're all supposed to be like that and come into contact all round when you're mounted.

Hi
I worry easy!!

But I phoned Don - he explained a few things and put my mind at rest.

Buddy is very happy in his new saddle.

Gorgeous saddle! I love the colour. Metal stirrups? Or does it just look that way from the pictures?

Wow lovely saddle !!! looks very comfy!
I miss mine terribly!! ( alougth wasnt half as nice as yours!!)
I was under the impression with westerns that they take some time to relax and mold to the horse, it actually looks to me like it has not been stored correctly prior so should all loosen up as you break it in. I know mine took a while to break in was quite stiff... however it became a very nice comfy saddle in the end!! I sold it to fund my Exercise trap :cool:

newrider.com