Claire Lilley - Schooling with Poles - a review

bexj

May 8, 2002
Penistone
www.mollycob.blogspot.com
OH bought me this DVD for Chrimbo and we watched it last night. It was odd at first because it was saying some very basic stuff, such as what tack you need, how to put boots on and what you need to wear. But when she actually got onto the schooling bits there was some very useful info.

Anyway, as I get bored schooling (love lessons - time always goes too fast), I thought I'd try some of what I'd seen on Molly. It was good - she settled quickly - this is the horse that will usually go "Whey hey!!!! Jumping!!!!!!!" when she sees a pole, and we finished off by cantering over poles, without jumping 8ft into the air:D

Would recomend this DVD to anyone who isn't hugely experienced at schooling by themselves:D

OH bought me this DVD for Chrimbo and we watched it last night. It was odd at first because it was saying some very basic stuff, such as what tack you need, how to put boots on and what you need to wear. But when she actually got onto the schooling bits there was some very useful info.

Anyway, as I get bored schooling (love lessons - time always goes too fast), I thought I'd try some of what I'd seen on Molly. It was good - she settled quickly - this is the horse that will usually go "Whey hey!!!! Jumping!!!!!!!" when she sees a pole, and we finished off by cantering over poles, without jumping 8ft into the air:D

Would recomend this DVD to anyone who isn't hugely experienced at schooling by themselves:D

Thank you for recommending my DVD. I do tend to start with basics on all my books and DVDs, as sometimes it is the small detail that may have been missed along the way, and can cause training issues later on. It may seem like stating the obvious, but sometimes the most insignificant thing can unlock your horse's potential. Happy schooling xx

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com