Flocked vs Cair

Don't want to put the product down but...
I'm glad I didn't get the chance to get the saddle with Cair and what I was thinking of which is far superior (where air pouches is concerned) is the Flair.
Having the choice now: I either go with flock or Flair. Not Cair or foam

"Wintec saddles without CAIR are stuffed with a top quality synthetic fibre". Pinks Lady would that be considered foam?

pengapenga said:
Yes that is the one:D It looks really nice on him, I borrowed a saddle for the shop to see:) I looked at a few saddles but really like the look and feel of this one:)
Have you tried the saddle by Dr. Klimke?

This is Flair. It's far superior to Cair, but MUCH more expensive :rolleyes: I personally would get every saddle I have Flaired from now on. Wintecs can be flaired, and turn out really nicely too. ;)

The isobella werth saddle is a much better design than 'normal' (500 type) wintecs. BUT they might not go wide enough for Frits - even the x-wide isn't that wide, and he'll be broad as well as having stallion withers.

"Wintec saddles without CAIR are stuffed with a top quality synthetic fibre". Pinks Lady would that be considered foam?

Nope, what they really mean is they're too stingy to put proper soft wool in it ;) It's just synthetic wool, which clumps quickly and causes lumps. I would get it removed and replaced with proper white wool flocking if buying one

pengapenga said:
Yes that is the one:D It looks really nice on him, I borrowed a saddle for the shop to see:) I looked at a few saddles but really like the look and feel of this one:)

Was that the one in the Pictures of him just backed? Thought it looked like a wintec. Only thing I remember thinking at the time though was that it looked too narrow,as it was too high at the front. What gullet did you have in it?

Pink's lady said:
This is Flair. It's far superior to Cair, but MUCH more expensive :rolleyes: I personally would get every saddle I have Flaired from now on. Wintecs can be flaired, and turn out really nicely too. ;)

The isobella werth saddle is a much better design than 'normal' (500 type) wintecs. BUT they might not go wide enough for Frits - even the x-wide isn't that wide, and he'll be broad as well as having stallion withers.

Nope, what they really mean is they're too stingy to put proper soft wool in it ;) It's just synthetic wool, which clumps quickly and causes lumps. I would get it removed and replaced with proper white wool flocking if buying one
- Good to know that putting Flair in the Wintec is possible.
- Interesting that the Iobella is better designed.
- The quote I put about the synthetic stuffing was cut & pasted right from their web site.
So I guess I'll find out if the stuffing is crap or not once I can start using my saddle on a regular basis.

newrider.com