furniture polish

bloody fantastic idea isnt it? i know for a fact they do them for dogs.....so why not horses?
anyway cant stay about on here all night, horse is ill and think i might have to get the vet out before the night is over, wish me luck!

just read your last posting, I hope that your horse is alright. I havent been on here for a couple of days as one of my horses is at an equine clinic at the moment he has had an operation so I have been going backwards and forwards from the clinic and the stables where my other horse is. Let me know how your gee gee is. Good luck.

thanks Rebecca, shes not well at all, and have no clue as to whats causing it, hopefully the blood tests the vet did at 3am thurs morning might shed some light on it.
seem to think its some sort of poisoning

anneindor - how's your girl? I hope that she's ok.

A bit late to the thread (I always forget about these forums) but just my opinion.

I have to agree with anneindor, just because one horse has apparently hasn't suffered any ill effects doesn't mean that it won't cause problems in others. Think about smoking, there's always an 80 year old who will brag that they've smoked all their life and it hasn't harmed them .... does this mean that tobacco isn't dangerous? I had a friend who died from lung cancer at the age of 42 directly as a result of smoking. Personally I wouldn't use polish on any horse because you just don't know how it will affect them.

Another point is that silicone isn't the best thing to be putting on anyway whether it be for use in humans, horses or furniture ;) My friend is a trichologist and DESPAIRS at the amount of products being sold with silicone in them. Apparently she has seen no end of 'silicone burns'. I'll try and explain it as best I can but effectively silicone seals the hair (giving the smooth, shiny appearance) so that moisture can neither escape nor get in. So far so good until you add heat/the sun which causes the moisture within the hair to evaporate. Not a problem under normal circumstances but with silicone you now have a situation where moisture can't get in to replace the moisture lost. Additional heat/the sun will now fry the hair. Again, some people seem to get away with it, others don't. It's definitely something to think about though!

Hey people!
Just got back from the yard and madam seems to be a hell of a lot better, Whinnied at me this morning too (which she hasnt done for a week or so now) put her in the small paddock went back to the stable only to see the swine gallop to the fence then clear it, went thundering up over the field to her mates whinnying all the way! i think we can safely say shes on the mend (thankgod) thankyou all for the show of concern for her well being really nice to know there are people thinking about both her and me *sends huge hugs to all*
should know Monday what the results are from her bloods...will be interesting to find out what it was that caused it, we still think it could be some form of poisoning though.

oh thankgod your horse is better I am so pleased for you, it will be iteresting to see what caused it. My horse is still at the clinic, they had to take an area away that was the size of a dinner plate and an inch deep which was more than they expected so they needed to keep him in, I hope to find out tommorrow when he will be allowed home. The vetinary surgeon that did it is saying that they may need to do skin grafts in a couple of weeks depending on how it heals, but all things considered he is doing really well. When I went to see him he was on so many pain killers that he was really spaced out, but he's a real little star, the vets can't believe that he is only two as he has been so well behaved and calm. My mare back at the stables is missing him terribly though. Thankyou so much for asking it's been a tough week. I will keep you informed, and please let me know blood results from your gee gee.

He had a lump appear on his thigh, the vet looked at it and said that ebcause he was so young it was very unlikely that it would be anything dangerous so I had to keep an eye on it but as he had a growth spurt the lump grew huge and the vet did a biopsy, luckily the results came back saying that the lumps were just fatty fibrous tissue, but the bad news was that they would keep growing with him so he had to have them removed, but bless him he has been so brave and well behaved. I picked him up this morning so at least he is back at home to recover, but he is on strict box rest for at least the next month so that could be interesting. Have you got the results back on the blood tests yet?

it was salmonella food poisoning! god knows where the hell she picked it up from, mind you the vet has said anyone handling say raw chicken, forgetting to wash their hands then feeding the horses may have passed it on! I really do with people would take note when we post signs around asking for people NOT to feed the horses. (have asked about and there have been a few people feeding them it seems) God help anyone if i catch them from now on in !:mad:
glad to hear your lad is feeling a little better, just tell him its for his own good. try taking weekly photos so you can monitor the progress, you would be surprised how quickly it does heal! (you tend to think nothing is happening then wham......its healed
Best of luck with your little chap but im sure you will be fine XXXX

salmonella poisoning, who'd have thought that. I really hate it when people feed horses too. At least you know now. Sometimes I think I would love to put an invisible electric fence out side my horses field that would stop the buggers feeding them. I will take photos of his thigh, that is a really good idea and I hadnt thought of that. Thankyou for your kind words, I will keep you updated.

*sigh* second time this week madam has barged through the gate while people have been bringing in their horses, i swear to god i dunno whats up with her, she has NEVER been like this! once i can go with, but twice??? barged into her stable and head in feed bucket so put her head collar on and marched her back out to the field until I was ready to bring her in.
My mission this week is to teach her some bloody manners. i cant abide bargy horses and she has a short sharp shock coming to her tomorrow i tell you!
i think we can safely say shes 100% mended tho if she keeps this up i may be forced to sink her feet in concrete or cut them off.....(which evers cheapest due to the ever rising cost of my vets bill)

oops!!! It sounds like you have your work cut out there. I hope you manage to sort the problem out. I have posted a picture of Harley's leg on the cafe message board, thought you might like a peep.

newrider.com