Getting sudocream off

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Using sudocrem currently as a sunblock but does anyone have a knack to getting it off sensitive skin?

I want to take it off overnight to use a natural gel (wonder gel) on the slowly regrowing areas. As it's too sunny to use just that. Using warm water currently just wondered if there was another method as I'm having to wash the cloth each night in the machine 🤮 the smell of sudocream is making me feel ill now 🤣

Just a thought though, hand gel is meant to be great and getting loads of stuff off so may be worth a try.

You will need a detergent to remove the last traces of any grease put on skin or hair. And then rinse off with warm water. There are plenty of answers on line. But where horses are concerned the detergent of choice for me was always Johnson's baby shampoo. I used it on Maisie and I use it on my expensive hair make up brushes too.

If the idea is to thin the grease and then wipe it off, you might be able to dilute it using a harmless oil. Medical standard Olive oil, for instance. (i.e. refined and not extra virgin)

I dont think Sudocream is a sun block. My OH has used it for rough skin as instrructed by GP. But for sun block you need a child sun block for a pink nosed horse. I think we used Nivea brand on Maisie but I cant remember.

Sudocrem is for sunburn. However i am sensitive to sun block lotion. I had a very nasty reaction to one years ago and i will never use it again. I do have very sensitive skin. I actually use sudocrem before going out in the sun on my face and it stops me getting sunburnt. So whilst not strictly a sunblock it does help.

Oh I hope you find a solution that works. When my grandson was 1, he got out of his cot (We don't know how!) got the sudocrem we used as nappy cream, and smeared it on him, the walls, the carpet and the furniture - it's still on the carpet 7 years on.

Baby wipes are your friend. At least that’s what I’ve found, I use the un scented ones from Aldi.

I wouldn’t worry about putting something different on at night, sudocreme is very good for healing because of the zinc in it, which is also a great uv block. If you really want it off hibiscrub will do it.

Reactions: Lollykay
newrider.com