Girths - recommendations, please!

Originally posted by Yann
What have you bought that needs a dressage girth then?:)

I havent said anything as I havent wanted to tempt fate..but as it comes on Tuesday anyway...

An HM Flexion SBS Treeless!!!

In dressage style so I obviously need a new girth(s). Im a bit torn because I have a gorgeous black elasticated atherstone which was an Xmas prezzy a few years ago but being 48" is a bit impractical! I love leather girths but can't fork out on a new one just yet, so I have bought a cheapy Cottage Craft off eBay for now which will hopefully fit although its anyone's guess lol! Will probably get a humane one as I cant see my finances allowing a leather one just yet.

PS Big thanks to Shaka, who is fundraising for charity and has kindly said she'd like to fundraise for the saddle. Without this I havent a clue what Kal and I would be doing right now as I couldnt afford it without her kind offer!!

Excellent! You must be very excited about it -wondered if it was the case with your visit from Vicki and Mike, you'll have to let us all know how you get on with it:)

tasha I've got a 25inch Black Wintec Chafeless dressage girth. Not brand new but excellent condition, nothing at all wrong with it just to small for Flyte now he's got a new dressage saddle, I can send photos of it. I'm selling it for £15 incl p&p (was £30 new) if your interested, even if its just for now.

Thanks, Tor but Im gonna go with a humane if I can get one for now. If I cant Ill PM you!

Yann-Excited..bouncing off the walls! I plan to take lots of photos and regular wither templates to create some sort of chart!

tasha, I have an aerborn humane girth that I have never used. I got it with my treeless. I havent heard good things about them whihc is why i dont use them but everyone here like them so.....

Let me know if your interested at all.

I want to say 28 inches (70cm) but that might be the wetsuity one. It is about the same size as that one though. I am up later to the yard, so i can have a look then. I am pretty sure its 28 or 30

I have a humane girth and a wintec chafeless one.They're both great in their own rights.I use the wintec one in the winter and the humane one in summer because the wintec makes my mare sweats terribly it and it also marks after hard work.The humane is great for summer as it's really comfy. my mare is very sensitive but she never 'snatches' when i do the humane girth up,you can just throw it in the wash afer a sweaty ride and it comes out lookin like new.I use the wintec one if i do a dressage test as it's a lot smarter than the humane one and it does look like a leather girth when it's on.So basically i use the humane for everyday hacking and the wintec for comps.Both are well worth the money and i would not buy any other girth now apart from these 2. Happ girthing up!! :) :D :)

Aerborn Humane Girth

Hi,
Can someone tell me where to buy an Aerborn Humane Girth in the US ?
I need a size 56" in black and can't seem to locate one.
If there are no sellers in the US, then where should I buy for best price and have it shipped to me ?
thanks so much
Diane :)
hdfarm@kaycee.net

You might be better off posting your question in the Cafe area, or the Tack area, as it's more likely to be seen, this thread is rather old and dead now. :)

newrider.com