Going barefoot properly

Yes kr the frog prints are spook cool :)
Ian very lucky where I am for hacking I really don't need to go on roads,just cross one if I want to go to the other side of the estate but if I do want roads they are pretty quiet apart from 1 in the summer at certain times of day so very mucky indeed.
Well I havnt updated for a couple days,all going well we went for a lovely walk on sat after her bath,done about 1.5 hours with 5 mins tarmac and couple stops on the way,she was walking well,happy and as always a good girl.
Sunday we went out for 1/2 hour not as long my knee was swollen and sore so didn't want to push it and hope not doing so much won't have had ill effect.
Tonight we have been out for an hour,she walked out well,nice active elk,pricked ears and happy to be out,added in the tarmac she again was walking well and active.popped back down through the woods which has tracks running through,first time since shoes come off the tracks have been completely dry and she was again comfy,just had one ow moment going over a patch of roots but nothing major.got back slowly over the gravel normal since they came off,had her tea,muzzle on and off to the field.for the first time she actually took a good few really active steps on the gravel going to the field,was short lived but still I think this is a good sign?
Anyway am thinking of swapping our routine and taking her for our walks in the mornings as its cooler,tonight was still very warm at 7 so I stayed around the Woods and shaded parts,will mean going to the yard about 5am but that's fine and I like mornings as their quiet :)

Went out last night for an hour,all good tarmac still not an issue for her,she was really striding out in walk and active,she was feeling rather full of herself in one of the big fields I had to laugh at her she done a wee squeal and pranced on the spot I let her have the line she never took it just had her wee woo hoo next to me then off we went again so she is feeling well.
Tonight went out with a friend,her riding.malaika was frog marching off and grabbing for grass,we had a few words coming to the end to which we both agreed a nice pace and no munching,she really is so much nicer on her own hence me liking going on my own but its nice to go out with someone bow and again but I'd rather be on board tbh.feet wise champion she was having no issues at all in the midst of doing as she pleased and she even walked rather fast over the gravel at the top of the track to dive for grass,mmmm amazing what grass does!but all in all the feet are doing well so I'm pleased :D

Well all still going well I'm really happy with malaika and how she is doing,she is starting to walk better on the gravel to her stable not as slow and carful she will step out more and bot so many ows on the way.grass,tarmac etc all great no problems at all.we had a lovely walk on Thursday night she was fantastic and very happy on her tootsies,last night I didn't take her out as was going out but tonight we will make up for it by going further and I am off tomorrow so plan in going for a long walk.purple spray is the bane of my life :eek: it is everywhere but doing the job so that's all that matters!keratex put in yesterday,Steve due in 2 weeks so hopfully he will see a difference :)

newrider.com