Hello from the Great Southern of Western Australia

Brendan

Mar 14, 2017
good afternoon. We're a family of 7, with one riding daughter who's 10. I'm 39, male, 6 foot 5 inches, 110kg, and haven't ridden since I was 12. I'm keen to get back on soon. We've just received our second horse (the first one was lovely, but very old, and is sorely missed). Rueben is a 3 3/4 year old quarter horse (just a tick over 15 hands), he's been broken and ridden, but sat on his own for 6 months. We know we need to brush him up on his manners and then get him used to being ridden again (with inexperienced riders, rather than an old horseman who knew his stuff inside out). That's all in front of us.

On top of that we've got three acres of land, two rainwater tanks, and are trying to come up with a good way to house this horse adequately, plus probably one more smaller one. Sheds, storage, stables, shelters, water, food, groundwork, roundyard, float... so many questions.

Anyhow, that's me. If you see me, say hi.

Hi Brendan and welcome to NR :)

If you've any specific questions ask away, there are lots of very knowledgeable folk here on NR.
Oh and one small thing, we love photo's here so if you've any to share of Rueben we would all be happy to see them :D

Hi Brendan, and welcome to NR. Love the name Reuben, I don't think I have ever known a horse of that name before :) Would love to see a pic of Reuben ;)

Hi and welcome.

We don't have a trailer / float and manage fine. We can hire though.

I bet your scenery is stunning.

newrider.com