How to patch a rug...

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
So ale has ripped a square hole in his rug about the size of a rubix cube. How would be best to repair this? Its only a lightweight, do I need to just sow it and patch over, or is there special glue you can get or something? Any advice please

I did wonder if such a thing like that existed! Thanks I'll Google it!

I have some fab tape that you just put over and iron over it, it's waterproof and you can wash the rug with it on. I used to sew rugs up which took me hours, with the tape it takes me mins to repair rugs, I love it!

I have some fab tape that you just put over and iron over it, it's waterproof and you can wash the rug with it on. I used to sew rugs up which took me hours, with the tape it takes me mins to repair rugs, I love it!
Where did you get it from [emoji274]

Oh NA I had forgotten about your special tape! I must buy some,will you please remind me on Monday when I pay for the pad?

I know thankyou, I was saying I posted at the same time as no angel, my post got delayed though haha. Definitely going to try some to the tape, I've found 5m on eBay for under a tenner. Presumably it is okay to iron a rug though? It won't melt?

Oops sorry Ale :) I havnt tried it but been meaning to get some off NA and had totally forgotten about it! NoAngel knows how it works though so will hopefully reply :)

Yes you iron it on, depending on your rug it may melt, I've had a few that have melted a little bit. I use a thin tea towel between rug and iron.

I do still sell it Jade :D I do a little pack with instructions in it :) It's fab stuff. Reminds me I really must fix Shay's rug that's in the tackroom as he's just ripped the one he's wearing.

I stitch mine up with fishing line (or pay my rug lady if they need bigger repairs). But I think I'd be tempted to get some of the tape to iron on over the damage to make it waterproof.

That's so much for all the advice! Going to sow it myself then order some of the tape and see if that does the trick!

newrider.com