i think my horse is getting bored ...

knocked off work early today (emergency doctors appointment ... after having a blackout at work, i now know i have a light case of asthma, ho-hum ...) and had more time to spend with the little horror. she got a bath (always entertaining ... you point the hose at her leg and she thinks you want to pick her foot out and lifts it up ....), then i rode bareback (very comfy btw! even the trot was a doddle - and i had not ridden bareback in 10 years!!!)! i have to get a new saddle sharpish though because i noticed a distinct improvement in her movement when the saddle wasnt on!) in the school employing some traffic cones to weave round :) we did all sorts of shapes and bends involving the cones and she seemed very cheery and got into the swing of things quickly - by the end we were trotting round the things on a long rein with just a bit of weight aids :D

julia
x

ps: embarrassingly, i could not manage to vault on her (shes only 13hh and her back's about where my chest is :rolleyes:) without help so someone had to give me a leg-up ... ahem ....

Sounds like you had great fun :D At least you know that you have definately got a saddle problem now. Its probably done your confidence loads of good to all that bareback (you're braver than me!).

Did you pass out at work??? That sounds grim. Are you feeling ok now?

i'm okay, wasn't 'out' for very long, but long enough to make me wanna go to the doctor asap :)

bareback was good fun, shes surprisingly comfy (blessed be those who have no withers :D ). it is quite a novelty feeling (for me, anyway because i had not done it in 10 years!) to ride bareback on a 13hh pony. legs quite close to ground (my dad would sarcastically say 'you can fit a sheet of paper between there ...') and it took some practice to work out where my legs should be so i could still use them on her. because she had been so good, she got a treat afterwards, which i cunningly placed on one of the cones .... she got so excited she almost knocked over the cone :rolleyes:

julia
x

Sounds like you are having fun with angel, julia. have you done any groundwork with her? I find it really stimulates Archer's interest (and reinforces repect for me:rolleyes: ) we have done move back, forward to me and hindquarters over, head down, send away and join up, all on body language cues and quiet vocal commands. All working out of the Kelly Marks book 'perfect manners' Now if i could just get him to stand still!!!!!!
Julia, I would LOVE to hack out with you, I have transport. If you can get me a pony/horse/donkey I'll drive over.

Bright blessings
Hackedoff.

newrider.com