I want a new bridle

@newforest that's much better, and actually quite a good angle for showing a lot of the fitting points. She has lovely big ears, we used to say they were the sign of a kind nature.

You constantly critisicise other people. Put them down and treat them like idiots while quoting various books. You then do not like it when you are pulled up.

That's all.
Comments like this are not nice nor necessary. As I tell my kids, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, then just stay quiet”. You cannot tell the fit of a bridle from a grainy picture and I find it hard to stand back and read provocative comments designed to cause upset on this forum. I come on here to talk about horses, not to read comments like this.

• Haha
Reactions: MrC, PePo and Huggy
Comments like this are not nice nor necessary. As I tell my kids, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, then just stay quiet”. You cannot tell the fit of a bridle from a grainy picture and I find it hard to stand back and read provocative comments designed to cause upset on this forum. I come on here to talk about horses, not to read comments like this.
People are allowed opinions, and all that was originally said was that the bridle didn't fit well which was a fair comment since even from a grainy photo it's clear it doesn't. This was then taken as a personal criticism and caused a reply that also wasn't particularly nice and was in turn responded to. Would you rather people looked at a photo of a badly fitting bridle and thought theirs should fit like that? I wouldn't.

Reactions: MrC
I'd go made to measure then, I did with P and don't regret it as he has an awkward size head & I wanted a few specific requirements. It seems like you've decided this already though!

Reactions: carthorse
I have @PePo since I think it's the only way I'm not going to have to compromise on fit. I may get lucky and find something extremely close that can be customised, but it's a gamble and hardly seems worth it.

When I was a kid you never bought a whole bridle like we do now, at the very least you bought the pieces separately, and true made to measure was quite common. Now people pay to get a bridle fitter out yet still often end up with an off the peg bridle with compromises on fit.

I love my micklem for Faran. However they fit him. If they didn’t then I’d know as he’s very vocal (the moves he throws 😅) if he isn’t.

I would also go down the M2M road @carthorse if required. They have to be comfortable to do the work and we have a duty to make them comfortable 😊

Today we tried a Fairfax headpiece (in large, the full was too small!) and I think this may be the answer. It sits nicely behind his ears and stayed there rather than moving forwards as soon as he put his head down - it even stayed in place when he had a graze :)

If today was anything to go by then it has been annoying him a bit. Today there were no headflicks at all, no rubbing his nose on his knee. It may be coincidence but when he wasn't being nosey he was also straight through his neck and head, often he has a slight bend one way or the other.

It was hard to judge if there were other changes since he was very worried about going out after he'd had a scare on Wednesday, while he' then settled on the ride it seems that he remembered and was very reluctant to face the dragon again but unfortunately we have to if we're going to hack. I love his sensitivity and brains but sometimes they're also his biggest fault.

Reactions: Jessey
It seems to be working well, though I haven't been doing as much as in the summer.

It does seem to have stopped the headflicks, nose rubbing and slight head tilt and he rarely does his giraffe impression when I tack up now. I'd say he's also more accepting of a light soft contact than he used to be, though whether that's the headpiece, something having finally clicked in his mind or both I really can't say. It was quite a bit of money just for a headpiece, but in his case I'd say it was worth it.

@Jessey the other difference I've noticed is that the noseband is now staying level rather than twisting slightly. It may simply be that the new headpiece sits the sides of the noseband in a slightly different place - he has whorls equally placed on both sides of his face near his cheekbones - or it could be he's generally stiller.

This is a decent article if anyone wants a read https://www.yourhorse.co.uk/gear-ad...LibfQUjbDMD2K8ip5WT7jV1HHKugUtXFP5jn5VoMRgIxw

I’m going to have to go down the bridle rabbit hole, Monkey has outgrown his zilco and it’s now digging in behind his ears. He’s got a really wide atlas, a narrow/deep groove and fleshy ears so suspect it won’t be easy to get something to fit him.
IMG_8488.png
I’ve adjusted it since this picture and added a poll pad but it’s not great. Sadly my jaguar (leather) bridle isn’t any better.

I’m going to have to go down the bridle rabbit hole, Monkey has outgrown his zilco and it’s now digging in behind his ears. He’s got a really wide atlas, a narrow/deep groove and fleshy ears so suspect it won’t be easy to get something to fit him.
View attachment 120754
I’ve adjusted it since this picture and added a poll pad but it’s not great. Sadly my jaguar (leather) bridle isn’t any better.

If you want to keep to biothane, Zoe at Pioneer Endurance is really rather wonderful! She makes made to measure so a lot of adjustability.

P isn't a usual endurance type of horse (!) but his made to measure tack from her is brilliant and we had to make lots of accommodations for his head and neck conformation.

• Love
If you want to keep to biothane, Zoe at Pioneer Endurance is really rather wonderful! She makes made to measure so a lot of adjustability.

P isn't a usual endurance type of horse (!) but his made to measure tack from her is brilliant and we had to make lots of accommodations for his head and neck conformation.
I do like my orange bridle for hacking, I shall have a look at her stuff, thank you.

newrider.com