Not hacking

Skib

Dec 21, 2003
London
I expected to hack but it turned out there was no one to take me so I rode imaginary dressage tests in the school. Ella felt light as a feather and good as gold. I did not canter but at least I learned that I can still mount and dismount and have her happilly moving. It had worried me. But am reassured and looking forward to riding again next week,

One odd thing happened. A couple of weeks ago, I failed to mount the horse so I was obliged to groom her instead of riding. Since then I have been strengthening my left leg by placing my left foot on a kitchen chair and stepping up on it. Today, I put my foot in the stirrup, gave an almighty shove and flung my right leg over with such power that I almost fell off over the right hand side of the horse and onto the groom who was holding Ella for me.

One odd thing happened. A couple of weeks ago, I failed to mount the horse so I was obliged to groom her instead of riding. Since then I have been strengthening my left leg by placing my left foot on a kitchen chair and stepping up on it. Today, I put my foot in the stirrup, gave an almighty shove and flung my right leg over with such power that I almost fell off over the right hand side of the horse and onto the groom who was holding Ella for me.
Well done - pleased for you.

Reactions: Skib
newrider.com