Polyuria and Vitex4equids

Cremola Foam

Jan 11, 2005
Scotland
B has been taking the herbal chaste Berry liquid suppliment Vitex4equids for about 6 months. I wasn't sure if it was making any marked difference other than his odd fatty pockets getting slightly smaller.

I ran out about a week ago and was waiting for pay day to get more. I have noticed over the past week he has been much more itchy than usual and over the past couple days he has been weeing way more. This morning I had to take out all of his bed Appart from the banks it was so wet!

I will be ordering another bottle of the Vitex as soon as I get into work. Be interesting to see if these symptoms improve or if it's just due to the seasonal rise/progression of the disease.

If you have a fat horse why are you feeding it ANYTHING? Feeding a "handful" of anything to a fat horse is just going to make it fatter.

There was a clinical study that proved chaste berry effective to manage ppid in over 30% of cases, if it works for b id definitely stick with it.
Just one thought, most liquid supplements seem to have lots of added sugar in, a powdered version might be better :) I get mine from progressive earth and its a good price for pure agnus cactus powder :)

@Wally , B isn't fat. I think your thinking of my other pony Peds, who has lost most of his chunk now and is looking fabby :)

@Jessey I tried him with powdered before and he wouldn't eat it. Even when increased gradually. But I'll look at the ingredients on the bottle of the liquid and see what it says. :)

Reactions: Jessey
Yes usually it's mixed with a glucose type syrup jessey is right :)

I would probably look at a different way of feeding the powder - it's usually stronger in powder form too. Perhaps a sandwich, or dried mint or peppermint cordial etc :)

Silly me forgot to look out my empty bottle at the yard! This is what it says on the product website

Vitex4 Equids is based on purified water, with no chemical additives or inclusions and is 100% natural.

I'll have a look at the powder too though. X

Hank turns his nose up at the powder to start with, I literally have to start with a tip of a teaspoon and increase it after a couple of weeks, once he's used to it he's fine with it :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cremola Foam
newrider.com