resection

scrappydoo

Feb 8, 2007
Just doing some reading up, been on the lami clinic website and it says a resection shouldnt be done within the first 6 weeks of founder does anyone know why?

does anyone have any experience of the aftercare involved. Just trying to get a bit more knowledge before tomorrow incase the vet and the farrier decide to do this.

My horse is on deep litter at the moment so wouldnt it be a high risk infection?

Our farrier gets stuck in with radical trimming at the first sign of Lami. Saved a friend's pony with a resection.

Yes it seems my farrier and vet are positive it will improve his chances.

Just wonder what the pros and cons are?

I havent really got ideal facilities were i am. The stable has no electic, water, or clean area other than his stable, so im getting worried. When he had his xrays i had to run an extention cable 1 mile to the farm house.

My friend's pony had a wall resection done for pedal bone rotation 11 days ago. He doesn't have laminitis and it is thought to be trauma related (only one foot). He had to be done immediately or it would have been too late. He is already moving better and has been given the go ahead to have his heart bars put on. It was dressed for the first week, now it is open and just has to be washed off and sprayed with an antibiotic spray twice a day.

He is on dry shavings with a reasonably thick covering on his mats. I suspect the vet may recommend removing the deep litter as it could be a possible source of infection.

newrider.com