Showing attire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to post again but...... sidesaddlelady aren't you giving advice as if they were riding side saddle?? With the hats and everything??? Also whilst on the theme of hats, i have saw a few people out last year in green velvet hats??? Anyone any ideas what this is about? To match the tweeds or what?

SM xXx

Last edited:
yep thats stan, dapples realy showed last year, but even more when he was soaking wet as he was in that pic (it chucked it down all day soaked right through the turnout rugs!)

Thanks Saph,
I still have to show you my stuff, I will change my hairnett however, seen as its such i BIG deal lol.
As far as i'm concerned, i have taken advice off loads of people and researched what to wear (as you know Showing Mad he he) Which is now hopefully correct any constructive and friendly advice welcome!:)

Stella xXx

Indeedy as it as a rather HUGE deal you must change immediatly :D :D lol!
I do yes!

Yeah i thought it was Stan just didn't want say just incase it wasnt as i think Prince looks a little like him form a distance and also from my point of view maybe not from yours as your their mummy and know them better than me! In saying that i haven't met Prince have i? He was poorly last year wasn't he?

SM xXx

dont have a Prince do have a Pride how ever. pride is a bay SHP though. yep pride was ill last season, wouldnt put on weight etc, finaly got him better in august where he qualified for the VHS.
this is pride
4.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Stella i think you are going to look very good. a hair coloured kairnet will cost £1 and i'll be turned out like a pro!

Whoopsy!! I think i'll go edit! lol but then it won't make sense! lol! I knew it was something like that! Give me my dues i've never met him and i got the 'p' the 'r' the 'i' and the 'e' right!

Had a re-think..... i was just testing you knew what your ponies name was!! Something makes me think i won't get away in saying thats what i was doing?? :eek: :eek:

SM xXx

lol you will probably get to meet him, are you going to the lloc trophy show? i might have him there

aww gorgeous horses!

Yep i hope so, ill hopefully see u at Lloc next season and you'll see what i'm wearing (with new hairnett lol),
In October i entered WH with long boots, beige jods, white shirt, stock pin, black show jacket and black hat and won my first class and got 3rd in the height class because he had a fence down but still went on to win the championship.
Just a point to show that all of thoses people (not mentioning any names, you know who you are) that clothing isnt actually vital to winning!:)

There's my speach he he:D

Stella xXx

Yeah i intend to do so and to take both of mine, get the baby out for the first time! The first trophy show is usually cancled though because they have then to early and the weather is still a bit yucky! But if its on i'll be there no doubt, probably see you then!

SM xXx

Yes deary but that was a rather muddled day wasnt it! lol! My rosette was stole from me by a cheat and i got it back in time for the championships to end, so i missed them but couldnt go in anyway as i decided to dress Stella up in all my show gear, she wasnt impressed, needless to say Barry had a spruce up and bobs your uncle they won!! I was soooooo happy!! lol! Think i was more chuffed then Stella! She was a bit embarrassed by me as i shouted well done and woooooo as well as clapping my hands, she didnt like that much!! hee hee!

SM xXx

i may take stan and pride, or stan and paddy as my friend (who was supposed to be emmigrateing but havent sold thier house so is keeping hold of paddy). would like to take pride, but it means ive got to get my plaiting sorted.

dont plait stan, but got to plait pride. i hate plaiting, i can roll up no problem, but i hate plaiting down, can never get the top tight enough

Ah, i used to be really rubbish, in the best words possible, i was totally hopeless but i sew in now and there is no way i would band them in or let my mum do it now! lol! Iv'e always been good at tails but now im good at both, im impressed with myself! Only advice i can give is to pull tight every time you pull a side piece over if you get me?? and just keep pulling tight! lol! Sometimes i get cramp in my fingers after plaiting of even half way through but by mid season im ok, just because i haven't done it all winter! Also find that at the begining of the season my plaits are not as good as they usually are but they get better the more i do it, once i get back into the swing of things!

SM xXx

Last edited:
i can sew up quite well, but for the last couple of years have had someone else plait down for me!

Krafty! I'd just do that again this year? Stell gets someone to plait for her, shes like i was, might give her some lessons! lol! Ohhh she'll hate me!

SM xXx

unfortunately the nice woman who plaits down for me is the same lady who is emmigrateing so ive got to learn to do it myself, and i may as well learn when ive got here in the same country to sort out the mess i make!

Oh dear you may have a bit of a problem there! lol! why dont yeou ask her to teach you? or at least give you a few pointers?

SM xXx

she is going to teach me this season as she hasnt sold the house, but she will be emmigrateing as soon as they do sell. so im going to try and learn as quick as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
newrider.com