Sleep Tight Diva Donkey

Poor Tintin. Is he an old boy himself?
around 26 if you can believe his passport, he was a meat donkey, so lucky. We bought him, he was stopped en route and sent back to the meat yard. Usually if that happens they send them to slaughter immediately out of spite. The transporter just said keep quiet and a month later Tintin was liberated and arrived a bag of bones covered in lice in the middle of winter. He has flashbacks occasionally and panic attacks but he is a lovely boy

Sorry to hear about Aimee - sleep tight knowing you left your mark on the lives of others .

Tintin is doing ok, he and Buddy are best mates and on the yard overnight and during the day, he is also close to Suze and the Ginger Giraffe is being kind to him as well. He will enjoy Fleur being back as he liked her. If she hadn't come back i would have tried to get Cazaux, who came over at the same time as he did, on loan, he is a similar size and i remember they were trying to rehome him as he wasn't happy at the sanctuary.

Reactions: Trewsers and Huggy
I rang the local donkey sanctuary to see if his pal, Cazaux, was still with them as they both came over from France around same time and may have known each other. Cazaux came over with Vodka they were the first two we saved. Tintin was a bit later, and got sent back and was so lucky to get smuggled out and saved. Sadly Cazaux died of liver failure 6 years ago, another one due to early exposure to encisted redworm, a lot of them died young from their neglect when they were young. Would have been nice to reunite them as they were both big boys and Cazaux was such a character. the first picture is hom on his way, he was skin and bone when he arrived, Vodka was a skeleton, but he was stronger in character and settled instantly.Cazaux in transit.jpgCazaux summer 2008.jpgCazaux at Donkey Sanctuary.jpg

I've not been on this site for many years as an active member, I remember the original post raising money for Vodka donkey - in fact I think Louise said I'd brought the tail of Vodka donkey lol. I'm sad to hear the news of Cazeax and Im assuming Vodka too. They had a chance at a happy life and that's what counts most.

I've not been on this site for many years as an active member, I remember the original post raising money for Vodka donkey - in fact I think Louise said I'd brought the tail of Vodka donkey lol. I'm sad to hear the news of Cazeax and Im assuming Vodka too. They had a chance at a happy life and that's what counts most.
Yes all gone, the only one we have left is Tintin who touch wood seems fine despite a couple of sarcoids. Scottish Borders Donkey Sanctuary still have Charlotte, Ant and Dec they lost Cazaux, Kofi and Pascal all very young. Patricia lost Butters and Cadichon. The Sussex Horse Rescue ones went to Redwings when SHRT folded in 2020/21, I have no idea whether any of them have also died. The ones that went to Animals Refuge Weatheral I had four of the youngsters for handling one summer, three went back, one of them got in foal very young - stallion escaped from next door and they did not about it so she was only 2 when she had the foal, another one was easy going and nice with us and appears to have been badly handled there and keeps being homed and returned. A lot seem to die from their early exposure to redworm, and my friend lesley lost 2 of her comtois to Grass Sickness, they almost seem to be damned. Another one was electrocuted when a storm brought a power line down in their field. The number that died very soon or didn't have the expected life span seems higher than average.

a year ago today, on mum's birthday, we lost Aimee donkey suddenly, these are my last pictures of her that year. I missed mum's party which I had organised, and this year, she missed it herself as not well enough to go out.20210419_084546.jpg20210419_084614.jpg20220107_094058.jpg20220107_094105.jpg20220420_075826.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
Makes it a sad day all round.
Yes, I miss Aimee so much, she was a real little poppet. She had a good life and it was so sad she went so suddenly but at least it was just over 24 hours and she didn't have much interventions. She dodged the bullet at least 6 times before when she was unwell, we packed her full of antibiotics and bute and she was fine. Great fighting spirit, just a wonderful donkey who raised £000s and saved at least 30 equines by her fundraising efforts, as the money she raised paid for donkeys to come to the UK, to the Scottish Borders Donkey Sanctuary and Sussex Horse Rescue Trust, as well as many in private homes. She also supported all the major equine charities as well as Cats Protection! Very versatile.

Reactions: Huggy
Yes, I miss Aimee so much, she was a real little poppet. She had a good life and it was so sad she went so suddenly but at least it was just over 24 hours and she didn't have much interventions. She dodged the bullet at least 6 times before when she was unwell, we packed her full of antibiotics and bute and she was fine. Great fighting spirit, just a wonderful donkey who raised £000s and saved at least 30 equines by her fundraising efforts, as the money she raised paid for donkeys to come to the UK, to the Scottish Borders Donkey Sanctuary and Sussex Horse Rescue Trust, as well as many in private homes. She also supported all the major equine charities as well as Cats Protection! Very versatile.
Achieved more than most humans!

newrider.com