Tell Me About Your Western Horses!!

Hey there! Heres a pic of my Registered Arabian Sassy. She 14 years old but acts like a filly. Currently Im riding her western doing ring work, trails, and am training her to run barrels. I also am going to try jumping. Hope you like the pic!

Last edited:
I have 2 horses! One is my barrel racing quarter horse and the other is my old paint who i dont ride on much but i still ride him in barrels at home not shows! I have pictures of my barrel horse but not my paint right now!! i will have pics of my paint as soon as i get a "decent" pic of him! :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/jcaldwell05/ThreeOhsMajor062.jpg

Here is a pic of my barrel horse names three ohs! :D

Sterling was my western horse. We did horsemanship, sidesaddle, medals, and pleasure. With him we showed 4-H, Zone, Regionally and Nationally on the breed circuit. I don't think that I haveany pics of us winning at Nationals or Regionals on my computer though. I do have one of my old mare BJ and I going Top Ten at Nationals back in 1999. I'll see if I can find it in the next couple of days :)

Attachments

• kate_sterling.jpg
    kate_sterling.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 31
My Western horse (or pony actually :p ) is a gorgeous 21-year-old crossbreed called Pollak. We mostly do Trail, but almost everything else is also fun! This year will be our fourth showseason toghether, and we are training a lot! ;)

Here's a picture of Pollak and me on a show last year, (and YES, it was raining heavily!!! :p ):

Pollakochjaghighchaparall04.jpg

Another picture of my pony, loping in his pasture:

P1010099.jpg

hi, i do parelli natural horse man ship and it seems western (neck seat and leg aids) i have a 14.2 welsh x tb mare and we used to hav a western saddle coz she was spooky and the saddle is like an arm chair but it got stolen about 7 months ago!!!! so i ride western but not with the saddle and cxant afford one at the mo!!!

my Quincy boy!

Wish I had pictures, I will have to find some and upload!!

WFR Quincy Lad is a great-grandson of Quincy Dan... his dam is nothing special but both sets of grandparents have good cowy lines. He is pure QH,a sorrel horse with a white star.

We call him Quincy or Quince, he's about 15 hands and solid stocky horse (kind of fat!!) I could guess at his weight and put him at or around 1200 - 1250 lbs.

Quince has a great big solid back end, smaller withers, and a short, thick neck. We keep his mane roached because no matter what I do, I can't seem to grow it, or make it look right (and I am really sick of trying to band him!)

He has only basic training and no specialization, but in 6 months has learned how to chase steers, isn't rope shy or box shy, loads like a prince, and acts like a complete spoiled brat. He is the most emotional and "mare-ish" gelding I've ever seen. But we have come a long way together and I'm really proud of both of us!

Missquince

YOu and your QH LCUKY!

Hello beautiful pics! lcuky u can enter the western class for speed pic! also i oun 3 horses.
Dartanion: 9yr old paint gelding 15.3h
Jewels: 13yr old TB mare 16h
Balthazar: 1yr old Beglin/ QH 14.2h

all of them go english/western but are mostly jumper show horses all of them show in AA shows and doing greaT! working on Balthazar though Lol

You can check out there pics on my sight, still need to add pics of Balthazar.

YOu and your QH LCUKY!

Hello beautiful pics! lcuky u can enter the western class for speed pic! also i oun 3 horses.
Dartanion: 9yr old paint gelding 15.3h
Jewels: 13yr old TB mare 16h
Balthazar: 1yr old Beglin/ QH 14.2h

all of them go english/western but are mostly jumper show horses all of them show in AA shows and doing greaT! working on Balthazar though Lol

You can check out there pics on my sight, still need to add pics of Balthazar

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=Umgazi_Ranch

LOL - I was riding in our arena at the weekend and a cow in the field next to us decided to "lope" straight towards us - Fi nearly wet herself ! :rolleyes: (But noteably did NOT spin and run - a real breakthrough !). Some cow horse tho' :rolleyes:

The cow then settled down for a sleep in the same spot - which it seems is ok.

p.s. i say a "cow" - its actually one of last years calves so not exactly intimidating :cool:

Here are my horse's first is Poco Sassy Sue aka Faith Reg 5 yr APHA solid paint, she is used for halter, western pleasure, team penning, english falt and jumping.
amyandfaithpretty.jpg

smallfaithheadshot.jpg

afaith.jpg

This is my Penning Gelding Lucky Doc Lena aka Chevy 4 yr AQHA red dun
chevyheadsmall.jpg

3sue.jpg

This is my mans gelding AQHA Red Dun Colonel aka Gunner 5 yr
2gunner.jpg

sleepynikki.jpg

This is me and my baby Dakota.
June18thWeekend012.jpg

He's just 2.5 years old and is a complete darling! This past weekend I started neck-rein training on him... I think he's going to catch on pretty quick. Right now he's being used as a trail horse at the stables i work at. Only us girls who work there ride him during the trails, and he's doing great. Doesn't spook over anything!!! Saturday he taught himself how to unlatch and open the gate. All of a sudden I turned around and there he was, waiting for some attention!!!!!

(will post more piccys later for now the one in my siggy)
Shady Bar Sundance, AKA Sebastian is my 7 year old Quarter Horse Gelding. I bought him July 1st of last year(well my mom and aunt did..)He used to leive with my cousin and we both were riders so we shared him. We went through alot mvoed barns then came this summer. Welp my Aunt and cousin moved..and we had to descions, sell sebastian or send him to Florida with my cousin. We wouldnt be able to pay for board but my Cousin Jill worked at a barn and could get my cousin a job, so my aunt would be able to pay board, which was already cheaper down there. So he lives in FL now and i am going down in July to see him. My mom and aunt both saiud i can come down every school break and even take a few days off for extra days in florida. So it all worked out good!

He was started in reining but is more of a pleasure horse.

EDITED-
http://www.noahhunt.org/Sebastian/OurHorseSebastian.html
tons of pics there

Wow, my horse is great. He's seven and is an awwsome chicken penner. That's a game my friends made up. What's awsome about Cody(my horse) is he an amazing english horse to. We even taught him how to jump. He is localted with two mares and he thinks he is in heaven. I still will have him for a ong time, he's only seven. Sadly vacation has been keeping us apart.

Last edited:
Flying western flag in the UK!!
All these belong to my boss but she lets me ride etc, all luverly horsies!

First is Blue, purebred QH mare, she's evented, sj and d and perfect all around western horse. she's retired now and is 28 in the photo!

Next is newest arrival this yr, purebred british QH Grace... soooo pretty!

Palamino is Carrie, really wants to be a reiner :p but let me do pleasure/showmanship/horsemanship/trail etc when i was learning! pretty feisty little madam though!

Next is boss's main horse, Wills. He's been british open all around champion so many times and competed at the europeans in germany senior trail/pleasure/h.u.saddle etc. he's a real classy horse!!

Last one me and carrie again at home.

Attachments

• img081.jpg
    img081.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Image076.jpg
    Image076.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 10
  • img078.jpg
    img078.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 17
  • img079.jpg