Temper, temper!!!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Cold and raining hard today, I had to bring them both in for the farrier. Normally once Jack has been trimmed, I turn him back out whilst my farrier makes a start on G, because Jack creates when the attention isn't all on him! :rolleyes:. However, I had taken my sodden coat off so he had to stay in for a bit longer.... and he wasn't happy about it!

When the time comes, it usually takes about a week for him to settle when he starts coming in overnight when I start the winter regime...and I know for a fact that he settles down when mum isn't around to act up in front of.

Today he was ignored :p 7 years, I've had to put up with this crap!!! Seven years!!!

Last edited:
Can so relate to this! This is my old boy when he comes in occasionally. He bangs the door down and neighs his head off until he gets tomgo back out with his pals!

Reactions: orbvalley
Thing is, Jack is Mr Big on his own turf...but when he goes back out with the geldings, apart from Albi he runs away if any of them venture near him....he is waaay down the hierarchy :p

He's the only horse that runs in the opposite direction when a newbie arrives!!

Reactions: orbvalley
Haha:)
My now retired horse used to always tangle his legs through his lead rope when tied up if I wandered off for a moment so that I would come back and "rescue " him. I used to hide sometimes when he was tied up and he'd stand still good as gold:rolleyes:

Reactions: Trewsers
I love the way that I pan round to Gracie, who is stood like a statue. Talk about opposites!!!

Yep Stella was the same acted up when people were about but if you snuck up on her she was usually sleeping or eating ;)

I used to just shut the top door on her and open the bottom one and ignore her, she couldn’t get out and nothing to kick ;) she would just watch and sulk after about ten mins of pawing the air and stamping in the rubber Matt :D

Reactions: newforest
Mine paws the ground, though experience has taught me this means I want a wee. Soon and it's probably before you want to put me back out I am going to do the longest wee I can and look you right in the eye whilst I do so.
Generally I correct but not long after find some grass to pee on. I could hold up a potty and loo roll I suppose :p

newrider.com