The Daisy Rein

not really grass reins - this attatches to the top of the bridle, along the mane, and attatches to the D rings. thus causing a pullin effect when the horse puts its head down. unlike grass reins, it does not hold the head in 1 position, just limits there ability to put their head down.

Some horses don't like the feel of the grass reins as they bend, The Daisy Rein, from what I have seen, does not intefere with bend.

We had a horse who was a total nightmare with snatching grass, one day he just charged for the verge, got a mouthfull of grass and a dog turd all in one effort. You can imagine the stae of his bit and mouth. I am not tickle stomched, but even I was bowking!

Head Snatching... Can a Daisy Rein/Grass Rein Help ??

I have an aged 13.1hh grey gelding , a very forward and lively ride as well as very quick !! After selling him on last year I have brought him back due to others not managing his ways !!

:confused: His problem... Head snatching !! :confused:

He is a gymkhana / games pony but consistantly snatches the reins from your hands, this is where his problem lies because of how lively he is !! He becomes uncontrolable when snatching his head. This isn't just a little tug, this is full on. Schooling, Various Bridles Etc... all been tried and tested & Unsuccessful !!

I wonder whether trying a Daisy / Grass rein would help as I know they can be used to assist with bucking or for horses that unseat their riders.

:) Any suggestions would be great. :)

hi

I think i have nipped the problem in the butt i tuck her martingale off and she is going a lot better, so i think she maybe did not like it on :)

tez said:
I think i have nipped the problem in the butt i tuck her martingale off and she is going a lot better, so i think she maybe did not like it on :)

maybe she learnt to respect you more after the equipment was used and taken off. some horses catch on that the equipment will be put on if they play up again. she must have learnt her lesson!

Daisy Reins

Hi All,

My daughter has a pony that is fab in all ways apart from when he goes into a canter he bucks, my daughter is only 5 and isn't strong enough to keep his head up, would daisy reins work.
I have an older girl that rides him and he does the same but once he has had her off once or twice then he doesn't tend to do it after that.

Please Help!!

i think it would be a good idea to use one until your daughter is strong enought to keep his head up and also with her only being 5. But you say when he has them off he does not do it again would he be in pain at one side of his back if there leining to the left or the right when they ask for canter it might be putting more pressing on one side of his back then the other

Last edited:
does the head throwing happen all year round? or just this time of year, we have a horse who does it and its becos of the pollen, we put his pollen mask on and he is fine then. just a thought.

dasiy reins

Hi Guys,

Ill have to check his back out incase they are leaning but i can't see my daughter being the problem as she only weighs 2 stone. he does it all year round.

newrider.com