The highs and lows of horse ownership

This was his trot up. Literally straight out of his box, one walk up and then this- I can't ask for a more tolerant or obliging boy, can I?!

Can you bubble-wrap horses for putting them in their field?

I had to laugh! We can all relate!

After my pony had colic (and then laminitis) I spent weeks leading him out for a pick of grass. I hadn't had him that long, only 18 months, and it was the most bonding time I think we've ever had. He was always so happy to see me, and looking back over my diary at that time he was generally as good as gold, so it was really lovely to get to know him so well. I suspect you'll enjoy it too as you seem quite smitten with your boy!

Reactions: HaloHoney
Ah yes, that does look a bit like an injury to me. But at least it didn't go all the way through....and no floating bone fragments. 1/10th lame is a vast improvement too. Be patient.... Sounds like everything is healing well.
That white shadow was definitely not there on the x-ray from 2 weeks ago. Glad we had that x-ray now...

What a quiet boy. Oh I know how you feel wanting to wrap them in bubble wrap, only 1 of mine now goes out in a herd due to kicks, the other goes out in 2's 3's or alone.

newrider.com