Weekend away - Field Farm, Mumby

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Got back today from our long weekend away at Field Farm in Lincolnshire. It was a lovely place, good accommodation for humans and horses, although we found 6 people in the cottage was a bit of a squeeze because there wasn't a lot of privacy. You have to be quite good friends lol.

We went for a beach ride the first evening, which was lovely even though all the horses were wired. Unfortunately after that the weather deteriorated and we had nothing but freezing cold, rainy, windy weather for the whole time we were there. On the first full day we went on another beach ride and then had a little canter round the x country course and were really excited to be going back for a proper go the next day, but it rained and rained and rained and the ground just wasn't fit to be ridden on by the next day. So we abandoned riding and went into Skegness for fish and chips instead. Three of us (the three 'old' folk) had a little hack when we got back and the next day we didn't even bother riding because high winds were forecast and we decided to set off home early to avoid having to drive in them.

So, disappointing as far as the weather was concerned, but still a great weekend because we had a proper laugh and I'd love to go back and have another stay in better weather.

Glad you had a lovely weekend. I was away this weekend too...weather was pants wasn't it?! At least it didn't rain on Sunday in Norfolk where we were. we were walking along the beach later morning and there were lots of hoof prints, despite it being a very blustery day. We were too late to get a glimpse of horses and riders having fun, which was a shame, but my dog is a wuss around horses, so probably for the best!

Reactions: Trewsers
Glad you had a lovely weekend. I was away this weekend too...weather was pants wasn't it?! At least it didn't rain on Sunday in Norfolk where we were. we were walking along the beach later morning and there were lots of hoof prints, despite it being a very blustery day. We were too late to get a glimpse of horses and riders having fun, which was a shame, but my dog is a wuss around horses, so probably for the best!

Glad you had one non-rainy day! Wasn't @Jessey on holiday in Norfolk this weekend? Maybe they were her hoof prints :)

Reactions: Calluna
Sounds like you had a great time despite the weather, sometimes I think just being somewhere different and having good friends around is all you need to recharge. Hopefully next time you’ll get to ride more too, icing on the cake I reckon.

Reactions: Bodshi
That was bad luck with the weather :( We went a couple of weeks back and the weather was a bit miserable, but not too bad. We had 4 in one of the smaller cottages which was fine. We hired horses rather than taking our own. I too would love a return visit!

Reactions: Bodshi
That was bad luck with the weather :( We went a couple of weeks back and the weather was a bit miserable, but not too bad. We had 4 in one of the smaller cottages which was fine. We hired horses rather than taking our own. I too would love a return visit!

TBH if it had been up to me I would have done more riding, never mind the weather. I really enjoyed the one road hack we did and would have been quite happy to explore further, but my companions didn't have the same enthusiasm as me lol. Maybe we'll both get back there one day :)

Reactions: GaryB
newrider.com