What sort of horse??

Ideal horse!

I would say the ideal horse for you would be something about 14hh to 14.2hh lightweight cob. New forrest ponies are a nice sort of size too not too wide depending on how fat you let them get that is! Or a welsh! I am 5ft5 and 13stone and I ride a 14.2hh middleweight cob called Giz and although he is cobby he is a nice rounded shape rather than square! The best would be to just go out and try lots you are short so you shouldnt have a problem finding something as they have a lot of small cobs on the market at the moment!

Well then email me if you want and I wish you luck in your endeavour to find a pony!

Love K

babydoll@coolfountain.freeserve.co.uk

THANK YOU!

Many,Many thanks everybody! Losing Dan was and still is so hard, but it would have been much harder without all of you.It's so difficult when those closest to you are totally unhorsey.My Mum and Dad, who never wanted me to ride in the first place, and my husband whom I love to bits,but who sees a horse as a farm animal which must be fed,watered, sheltered, and vaccinated, but... LOVED??? GO 'WAY! Even my few horsey friends tend to be a bit patronising because I've hitherto always had elderly,plods to ride.Paddy is positively gleaming with health,so much so that I could almost count an acquaintance's fillings when she saw him this morning!Guess who was loving evey minute of it??She, by the way was the same one whose lights I wanted to knock out for her unfeeling, hurtful comment when Dan had his first seizure a few weeks ago(See post-Dan is Sick!!)However, I just acted very calm and collected. My instructor was with me hacking out for my first proper time, and when this girl commented that I must have paid a packet for him, my instructor fed her a sidelong glance and said that a bombproof elderly pony had got me up to my present level but when you became THIS good, it was necessary to get yourself a good trained dressage horse in order to continue to improve! Her mouth dropped open! I was ready to burst,I'm not THAT good...I hope she never sees me at dressage! I think Dan would have had a giggle too!But honestly,folks, this site has given me so much comfort the last few weeks,Thank you each and everyone of you.Paddy isn't quite still at the block, but my instructor is having him next week to do some work on it,because he will have to, if I'm to keep him.That I am quite adamant about howevermuch I like him.I played that game once before and it brought nothing but misery.So....watch this space!!

Well done you, so pleased to hear all is going well.
We have, what I'm told is, a conemara. (nothing in writing) He is a real star, If yours is anythig like ours you will have a winner.

Wonderful news, Gwenllian. That sort - 14.3 and well-schooled - is really hard to find (I've been looking for one just like him for weeks). Enjoy him!

newrider.com