White pony - yellow tail!! HELP

UPDATE -

tried the vinegar and lemon juice.

Aprart from making the yard smell like a chip shop it didn't do a whole lot.

I am going to try the washing powder tonight will let you know how i get on.

You know if i crack it icould make a fortune on manufacturing a product that gets tails properly white.

My palomino boy has a very pale flaxen tail that even after using all the standard horse whitening shampoos vanish stain remover bar etc remained yellow where the poo stains were:(

Then one day a girl on my yard who is a hairdresser lent me some mouse that she uses on her clients with yellow tinges in their either grey or light blonde hair. It was brilliant just massage it in clean tail comb through and hey presto beautiful tail:D

Unfortunately she gets hers from hairdressing wholesalers and hasn't been since but I am sure you could buy something similar in boots.

On Saturday night i used Fairy washing liquid (the one for clothes) on my shetlands tail and left it on for 15 mins.

I didn;t have any washing powder so i thought i would give the liquid a shot.

It took a lot of the staining out and i think if it had been done again then it would have worked really well. Her tail was much better so....... Final verdict good old fashioned washing powder/liquid does the job.

I also tried it on my highland stallions tail (he is dapple grey with a dark grey/white tail) and it worked really well on him too plus it made it really soft and silky into the bargin.

I use Dreft. Dissolve some in a bucket of warm water. Dip tail in bucket, then apply some dry power. Massage well, leave a couple of minutes (not too long around dock area though), then rinse thoroughly. Wear surgical gloves if you have sensitive skin.

For a really yellow tail, follow above procedure but put tail in plastic bag and leave for 30 minutes.

newrider.com