Wintec Webbers

Allie

Calypso & Champagne
Sep 26, 1999
Kansas USA
hometown.aol.com
I think I am actually going to buy one of the Wintec 500's that I posted about earlier, and now I am debating whether I want regular stirrup leathers or if I want to try the "webbers". Has anyone used the webbers before? Please let me know what you thought of them.

Allie

I don't know what you mean about "webbers" but there are synthetic or false "leathers" that actually look like very shiny black leather that goes with the saddle. I use those and they're really nice.

There are all kinds of things to use out there; they range from fat ones, thin ones, ones made out of webbing (what you are talking about???) and I've used the webbing ones on my first saddle as well, I like the false leather ones better, but to get started, the actual webbing ones were really great! :)

Med :cool:

the webbers are a different kind of stirrup leather (actually synthetic), that are supposed to eliminate the lump under your leg that the buckle creates. They have this loop fastener instead of the normal buckle. I don't know how else to describe them, but you can see a picture at http://www.statelinetack.com under english stirrup leathers.

Allie

webbers...

I know exactly what you mean, and used mine originally for dressage (which they are excellent for). However, on my big lad (17.3), I started using them for hacking out as they are very easy to adjust (and I find it difficult to get back on him if I need to dismount for gates, etc.).
Can't recommend them enough. Normal synthetic leathers, in my opinion, are difficult to adjust.

Hev- I'm confused...are you saying the webbers are easy to adjust, but you wouldn't reccomend them, but you also don't reccomend the regular synthetic leathers because they are hard to adjust? Maybe it's me...it is a little early in the morning here...

Allie

newrider.com