Xcountry course from junk around the farm

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
My partner has made these jumps just from the pallets, broken fence posts and junk he find lying around the farm. There are still a few more jumps being made but here are some of the jumps. The smallest jump is about 9 inches and the biggest is 3 ft :)

Its my personal Badminton :giggle:

The Famous M Jump made out of logs and telegraph poles
002-8.jpg

Log Jump
003-6.jpg

Log pile
004-7.jpg

Brush Jump
005-3.jpg

Pallet wood jump
007-6.jpg

Terracotta 1
008-5.jpg

Terracotta 2
009-3.jpg

Log roll
010-2.jpg

Last edited:
Very good! They look safe too, no sharp edges sticking out or big holes for hooves to go through - some homemade XC courses really make me cringe! Tyres make good jump-building material too, if you go to a garage they often have used tyres that they are happy for you to take off their hands :)

At my old yard in Portugal the kids built an entire XC course with logs and tyres, and at my yard before that we made a course with treetrunks, barrels, blue plastic tubing etc donated by various neighbours.

i'd be careful with the logpile and make sure it's anchored down somehow - you dont want the logs to start rolling about if your horse hits them somehow (a girl died last year by jumping over a small barrel on the ground. her horse took a rotational fall). i'd also try and fix the other jumps down somehow (at least the slight higher ones).

Julia

ps: when can i come try the 9" one please - my kind of jump :D

newrider.com