Your extended horsey 'family'

volcy

Cob Collector
Nov 6, 2008
E Sussex
Something I just posted elsewhere got me wondering how many of you like me has an extended horse family with you or dotted around the country?

My sister and dad who live about 2 hours away from me, both in opposite directions learnt to ride at the same time as me so we all have horses.. We all joke about it, but actually god forbid, if anything happened to anyone I could end up with....

Fat Pony - Legolas - Asking "what's the point in having a legless horse?" can really wind up an 8 year old we have found!

legs.png

Monkey (please excuse the hat, I'll take mine next time..)
monkey.png

And Mr MoJo - As you can see my sister and I have similar taste in horses!

mo.jpg

Mostly we agree on horse related things but just occasionally we really don't!!

There have been horses in my family going back years but most recently that I know of as horseowners are me, my auntie, my second cousin and her cousin.

Only myself and my brother and his wife left now and they are over the water. My brother used to do it all breed, show, deal, compete driving nationally and his wife was a very successful 3 day eventer until recently. Now sadly, due to MS he has had to retire from the driving and cut back on the rest.

But he does still seem to be unable to go to a horse sale without buying something to bring home, much to my sis in law's disgust! Last little trip to Wales he brought home 6 Welsh Ds! He is unstoppable it would seem!:giggle:

None of our children are interested so it does look as though the horse bug will die with us....although my adopted daughter (JJ'sGirl)is still a very keen rider and owner!:wink:

In our family my sister has a cob called Major. He came to live with me last summer due to her not having time to concentrate on him. She still rides him when she comes to visit but for the most part we have a loaner for him.

The only other horsey person is my OH's step mum. She has two: a 15.2h palomino and a 13h Newforest. But if ever something happened to her then they would go to her mum as she bred the palomino and the Newforest would be sold I assume.

My sister has a palomino PBA x TB x BSH She has just turned 4 and is being backed which is going very well. :happy:

Her full name is Xiviers Shimira. Here is a photo taken yesterday..

emandshim.jpg

Last edited:
newrider.com