Your opinion, what breed?

beating_hooves

Addictee
Aug 27, 2007
West Yorkshire
Ok this is my 5 year old mare. She is a registered ISH and we know she is part bred connemara but we have no idea what she is crossed with, any ideas?

712524548a4588820899b836947661l.jpg

712524548a4549324657b153995685l.jpg

712524548a4549327216b872077343l.jpg

She's about 15.1 and she's registered witH the Irish horse register but there is 3 different sections. She is in the supplementary section...
To qualify for entry into the Supplementary Section foals, mares and geldings must meet the following criteria:

Have no or partial breeding and were classified in the Supplementary Section before 15th May 2006.
Have no or partial pedigree and have passed inspection to conform to the breed standard.
Are by an approved stallion and out of a dam for which a valid idenification document has been issued.
Are out of a section A mare and by a stallion for which a valid identification document has been issued.

Have a look on the website.. www.irishhorseboard.com

And she can jump pretty high..I've jumped her 1.05m at home for fun and she's very willing!

my first instict said highland, was delighted when i read other people thought the same, her front end and neck in the last pic just shout highland to me. the first pic is more connemara.

I was always under the impression that an Irish Sports Horse is ID x TB, or ID x other sports horse breed?

The Irish Horse Register is a bit like our old British Horse Database, its not a certification of breed.

I was going to say crossed with welsh, not sure about ID x as she maybe isn't heavy enough for that.

As for ISH, I can't make head nor tail as no two look the same "type" to me:D

The irish horse register says it promotes the ISH and I have found her name on their list of thousands of mares but it says nothing about her parentage. But it clearly says on her passport that her breed is ISH but i honestly think she looks nothing like one...I do love her though! :)

The Irish horse register also incorporates the Irish sport horse stud book. The Irish horse register seems to be a combination of the ID studbook and the Irish sport horse stud book as well as other stuff. So if she's registered with the Irish sport horse stud book within the Irish horse register. Then she's an ISH. As others have stated in this thread, I was under the impression that an Irish sport horse was an ID x. Because a more sporty version of a ID was wanted. So they crossed it with TB. I thought when some one said. ISH it meant IDXTB, as I haven't come across an ISH which has no ID or TB in. ID I thought was the vital component? Educate me folks

I don't know what she's crossed with but she looks lovely.

An ISH doesn't have to have ID in it, an IDSH does (can't say for sure but I think they must be a minimum 25% ID - if not then it's 12.5%).

newrider.com