Your weather

I don't need my wellies.
I don't need to put the hose on her boots either.
We've dried up at the field.
Okay there are the couple of stubborn patches that are actually lower.
But we are dry.

The forecast says seasonal temperatures for the next five days.
What does that even mean these days, you can get all the seasons in one day šŸ˜‚

It's a cloudless blue sky.

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey
We are back to rain.
I guess this will kick start the grass growth.
I have just closed off the winter field.

Itā€™s 19c here today (feels like 23c), weā€™re under a weather warning for thunderstorms from noon until midnight, so hopefully that will encourage the grass to get going again šŸ¤ž

Well it just goes to show how different the country is. We are grim and grey, headache weather.
I put the rug back on this morning. Poor chunky has had 2 soakings in 24 hours. Id like to have left the rug off as it is pretty mild so he can dry but we are due more rain from 4pm and i wont be home. Midges are awful. Ive had to cream his sheath and belly.

I had a bonkers thunderstorm last night about 4am as it woke me up.

Warm and humid and midgey and horrible today with more rain forecast.

No idea what to do with the horses tobight!

Gloriously sunny here in Shetland, with light breeze. Apparently we are set to achieve the highest ever recorded temperature for 2nd May here. I think the previous highest was 14 degrees. May be 15 or even 16 today.

• Wow
23 here now and wall to wall sunshine, no sign of any thunderstorms yet. Got to feed horses early today as out to a biomechanics demo/talk this evening, so I guess theyā€™ll stay in fly rugs and get wet if it rains later!

collage-1714658829131.jpg

Mine shed the rest of her coat in four days.
She's done with winter then despite it raining today.
Her paddock is sheltered though.

19mph winds and real feel 5 degrees!

Eta. I wouldn't belive it myself so took a photo.
_20240502_153229.JPG

• Wow
Honestly i could cry. Just looked at the radar image, basically nothing showing. Ridiculously i have 8 different weather apps on my phone and everyone shows different. Most indicated rain this afternoon.
I could of left the rug off after all. Only 11 degrees here.

17 degrees. I have just come up to feed and there are just fields full of very sleepy chilled horses šŸ˜

Honestly i could cry. Just looked at the radar image, basically nothing showing. Ridiculously i have 8 different weather apps on my phone and everyone shows different. Most indicated rain this afternoon.
I could of left the rug off after all. Only 11 degrees here.
Sounds like you could do with a fly rug with the liner?

Yes probably but im not spending out on any more rugs. Don't temp me.

In the days when i just had one horse. I had 3 rugs total. All of which i still have but too ripped for everyday wear.

I was folding up the winter rugs at the weekend to go away in the wardrobe. After a quick recky, I have some how over the years collected over 20 rugs. Some granted are only spares for clips and straps as they are too trashed but really how did i get that many. I always said i did my horses on a budget. I know some of those were a 2nd hand deal i did with someone too. But i really am shocked just how many ive collected.

Well it just goes to show how different the country is. We are grim and grey, headache weather.
I put the rug back on this morning. Poor chunky has had 2 soakings in 24 hours. Id like to have left the rug off as it is pretty mild so he can dry but we are due more rain from 4pm and i wont be home. Midges are awful. Ive had to cream his sheath and belly.

Same here. I went to bed early last night, I'd had a headache most of the day and it felt like it might turn into a migraine - weather can be a trigger for me. Luka was back in after three nights out and seemed quite content with that.

I have five in case she might need them rugs. None of those have been used yet.
The main one she uses are the wrap around hi viz.
She has a cooler. Three turnouts, all 0g, but two more denier than the other.
She's getting older not younger, so they may well start to get needed. If I clip I may need it if it rains (that's all the time then šŸ˜‚)

I have way too many rugs. I'm not going to try and count. But to be fair we do use them.

Lovely this week, but of course Luka pulled a shoe on Sunday so I haven't been able to ride. Typical, I think it was his revenge for me riding him in the rain on Saturday :rolleyes:

• Sad
newrider.com