yucky! but need to know what it is?

lexilou

*doodles and tilly*
Apr 2, 2006
cheshire
tonight when we got back of our ride my mare did her business outside on the yard but it wasnt normal, it was very watery and a really bad odour(more than supposed to be lol) then a few mins after she tried to do another but all that came out was like water!!!!!!!!
what is this? someone mentioned it might be grass sickness but ive never come across this before. can anyone advice me on this. btw shes 26 if this makes any difference?

i think there was something like that in this months horse and rider, or your horse

i would look it up for you but i dont know where mine is, bbut it was a question answer thing where the old mare had diahorea

Hi,
The plentiful wet weather that we've suddenly had has made the grass grow like made.
Your horse could just have a funny tummy due to this.
If she seems O.K. in herself I wouldn't worry too much. Have you noticed what her droppings are like? If they are wet, green and sloppy, then I'm quite sure this is the problem. You could give her some hay in the day to help dry her up a bit;)
If she seems unwell though, maybe you should get a vet to take a look.

Sheryl x

Was she worked up or upset about anything. My mare did one up the wall the other day after being upset that I'd taken her next door to use their arena- she doesn't like change... or work.

newrider.com