Zoots first ridden jumps - pictures

cathUK

Sep 27, 2006
Cambridgeshire
He was such a good boy, although a bit lazy over the small cross poles!!

I am a giraffe!

giraffe.jpg

Lets go!

letsgo.jpg

First a pole ....

firstapole.jpg

Then three ....

thethree.jpg

Oops, who put that small thing there. I couldn't even see it!

oops.jpg

Nice video

A straight

jumpies.jpg

Took off a little early than expected!

catleap.jpg

My face is priceless.

myface.jpg

I'm not the most confident jumper and he is very unbalanced, but we did it, although I got left beind a few times. Must get used to the fact that he has such a tiny neck ... doesn't make you want to go into jumping position!!

Luckily the reins are a bit too long, so I wasn't actually jabbing him in the mouth.

Last edited:
Looking good! He's cute :)

Just thought I'd add - you could try trotting poles before the jump to help balance him and help him work out where to take off, save you getting left behind :D

He's 12.3.

We have done trotting poles with him and will continue to do them. I got left behind because I gave him a tickle with the whip to remind him to pick his feet up - at which point he launched himself over it!!

He was a very good boy and in the video made it look very easy.

Aw he is cute :)

And you look good together, not too big! how tall are you? I only ask 'cause I'm going to see a 12.3 and wondering if I'll look okay on him :)

He looks lovely, your funny faces remind me of when I first jumped a young horse a while ago...it was hillarious :p

I'm 5ft. I must watch those funny faces!!

I also need to get some confidence to go forward into a jumping position - on a pony with the tiniest neck ever!!!

newrider.com