2017 Hacking/ Riding Challenge.... Add your photos too

I'm counting the comp as ridden hours, cause I was in the saddle! Haha.
I'm counting the comp as ridden hours, cause I was in the saddle! Haha. Rode 3 rounds of Show Hunter (which I think USA/UK just call hunter?) and newboy did not too shabby, one second and two firsts!
I'll try post a pic...
View media item 25015
Running total:
1hr 45

OH YES IT COUNTS.

Great photo.;)

Reactions: Hailz22
UGH still lots of ice yesterday.
Did another nice 45 min walk yesterday though.
I need to put an orange vest over there it would have been nice to continue on the path along the cranberry bog but I don't know how close hunters might be and it comes out off Virginias property quite a long way into the forest/park. I don't want to chance it w/o
orange.

Found another rock to play with one foot then 2 feet.
Then did the ground tie obstacle on the ground and on the big rock
from the day before -the ice on the other side of that had melted yea.

Today will be a big challenge its already raining lightly and will be raining off and on and sometimes hard most of the day.
I am on a roll here and want to scoot over for even a short walk if there is a break.
I do hope the rain today gets rid of the ice - and tomorrow will be warmish so maybe the puddles will sink in I hope!!!

Totals
Sonny unmounted 2.25 hrs

Ground tie
IMG_3873.JPG

One foot
IMG_3874.JPG

2 feet

IMG_3875.JPG

Ground tie on the big rock.
IMG_3876.JPG

Does anyone remember what challenge 1 and 2 were?

I can't seem to find those threads.

Was one challenge not a back up? I tried to do this but couldn't film it so waiting on someone to film it for me lol Every time I tried he magically got sticky feet. Typical! I don't know what the other one was. I keep forgetting to take part which is annoying haha

Today we rode in the school as it was way too icy to ride out on the roads and his shoes just slip all over. After our session we had a little amble up to the field and back to cool down and relax. Ignore my voice, I did try not to talk being as I was videoing but I feel bad not talking to him since I chat away to him usually lol

Total of 1hr5 mins. :)

He does understand some words. He knows 'BED' which means he has to go on his bed and wait for me to put his feed down without snatching. He knows the usual walk, trot, canter and woah and I think he knows good boy. I don't think he understands the daily rubbish I offload on him though haha I do chat away to him. He's like my best friend. :)

Pony-gedan (Rusty) and I want to join again! I lost track of the challenge last year, but we met our goal of going on a trail ride at the local state park this past summer. Rusty did better than expected and outdistanced the big horses we were with by about 50 yards for the entire ride! He just chugged along like a little train engine thanks to being well conditioned by last year's tracking challenge. He loved the ride and acted excited to see what was around every corner. There were unexpectedly steep hills to go up and down as well.

When we got home he wasn't even tired and wanted to jog back to his paddock. I was amazed and proud of him! Not bad for a 12.1 hand pony carrying a heavy Western saddle and a 140 pound (10 stone) rider. For Christmas I bought him a treeless (Black Forest) that weighs less than 1/2 what his old saddle weighed. I have also lost quite a bit of weight so he'll have less of me to lug around. He is an amazing pony and worth it.

Our goals this year is a little more ambitious. By this fall I plan to have him ready for a 25 mile limited distance endurance ride and/or competitive trail riding. They both allow ponies with adult riders. Honestly I don't know if I will be able to find competitions within a reasonable distance or even a ride there, but luck favors the prepared and we will be prepared!

So far we haven't done much due to the ice, but:

Inhand: 30 mins
Ridden: 10 mins

Hey, its a start! Rusty has been out of work for several months. Add to that a comfy light weight saddle and he has been feeling good and very full of himself.

Honestly I don't know if I will be able to find competitions within a reasonable distance or even a ride there, but luck favors the prepared and we will be prepared!

Welcome back!!!! :D;) NO AMOUNT IS TOO LITTLE!!!! Never feel even just a little is not enough!! Especially in winter
and all the hunting seasons - there are so many challenges!.

I find that too with versatilities etc nothing ever seems to be close. Having 75 miles of trails in 2 adjoining parks and forests across the street I don't think I will ever have to put a foot in the trailer for a trail ride when I have all that right
outside the door.
I do love versatility and hope some versatility or fun shows come up around the area.

Reactions: Native Lover
Thanks for the welcome. I wasn't sure anyone would remember us:oops:. My last year of nursing school took over my life and I couldn't ride at all last semester (not to mention the full time job). I'm still on my Christmas break and then only 4 months of school left. Its been so long since I really rode Rusty that we are basically starting over. I figure if I can only do a little bit at a time at least it is something I can add to. He is very fresh so we will be in an enclosed area for a while. Thank goodness for helmets.

Hopefully I can get out today at least for some ground work. I am very jealous of your close access to trails. Rusty and I mostly have to stay on our 6 acres unless someone can trailer us. Luckily I've become acquainted with a nice lady who has quarter horses who will take us along on her rides.

Reactions: Native Lover
newrider.com