2018 Hacking/Riding challenge........ Add your photos and join in open to anyone.

Sonny unmounted 94.75 hrs
Mounted 20.00 hrs
Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs

I've done a lot of cautious play this past week.
Sunday was very tough.
The gound was sort of melted a bit on top but frozen not far down.

I played a bit in the little rd pen. Then put him in one of the upper big ones to have a bit of grass and do a little low key play sigh ..
that did not go so well.
He took off like a crazy boy like the devil was at his tail and slipped and fell on his butt.
Then jumped up boxing and kicking at the demon that knocked him down.
He was fine but my heart was in my throat:eek::eek::eek:.
I did not get photos of that but he was a bit better after. I tried to keep it really low key but he IMG_4850.JPGdid have some smaller silly bouts.
You can see the skid marksIMG_4898.JPG Then I played again Tuesday the footing was getting better.
He got a bit silly at times nothing like Sunday and no big silly boy a few bouts of gallop but it was very windy. It was a bit hard to bring him back down.
Then yesterday I played 3 times Gosh we have bad winds so much anymore all this week so far maybe a bit less today..

Yesterday he was awesome every play was much improved over the other.
The first play I did get some
unwanted gallop but he came down without incident since the winds were the worse yet of the week:mad::(.
Second play even better still some gallops but good transition back.
Not immediate but for as bas as winds were I was happy.
Then third play woo hoo awesome up down transitions and very good almost immediate halt transitions if he went to gallop.
I was pleased.
IMG_4992.JPG
It was a challenge but I was so pleased.
The next 2 days are supposed to still be dry then heavy rain again sat afternoon thru Sunday
The fall and November went down as the second wettest EVER and it only missed first by less than a quarter of an inch.
So many places have a lot of standing water flooded paddocks and patures and fields and yards. Im VERY LUCKY we have good drainage;).
I'm really getting tired of all this wind though and gloom we also have had soooooo many gloomy overcast days even when there isn't any rain:(:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_4867.JPG
    IMG_4867.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 0
Sonny unmounted 95.00 hrs
Mounted 20.00 hrs
Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs.

Yes its been odd weather.
Bit of sun this am has gone to gloom agsin.
Just had a really great Liberty session w
Sonny in the big red pen.
Its cold but not windy.
I just got awesome w t c transitions:):);). The halo was very secure :p

Reactions: GaryB
I hate these short days. On Saturday I hacked with the YO. I still find it slightly daunting hacking with my instructor, although to be fair her only comment on my riding was "How on earth do you manage to hack him out on your own" (Harvey was being a bit challenging!)

Sunday was supposed to be an Arena Eventing clinic at a local venue with William Blane who is a BE master coach, but due to some sort of mix up it ended up with a different instructor at a different venue. The new venue was only 1/2 mile away, but involved crossing a busy traffic island so I took the lorry and didn't even get out of 3rd gear. Harvey was a bit of a pain from the moment he came off the lorry - in what I call "high alert" mode - head up and constantly checking all around, ready to spook at shadows. The clinic was supposed to be 70-75 but in reality it was only 60cm which was disappointing. Harvey then spent most of the hour spooking at imaginary things and generally not concentrating so it was all a bit trying really. Oh well - good days and bad days etc.

Also on Friday night Harvey managed to get his rug stuck in his hay net and spent the night stuck so I had to rush off and buy him a new Harvey proof rug. After our hack on Saturday we were stood round talking and Harvey came and pretty much went to sleep on my shoulder

i-TkDJzNZ-XL.jpg

i-6ztnG5L-XL.jpg

Hacking
1 hour
3 miles

Schooling
1 hour

Totals
Schooling
24 hours 55 minutes

Hacking
431.8 miles
122 hours 55 minutes

Sonny unmounted 97.00 hrs
Mounted 20.50 hrs
Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs.

Had some fun play the last couple days.
But today Toni and I rode I went to her place to keep an eye and she came here to do the same so we are not alone.
I set up a similar play at each place with elf hats
on the fence at Virginias and on cones here
WE did same play to go inIMG_5227-1.JPGIMG_5082.JPGIMG_5111.JPGIMG_5073.JPGIMG_5139.JPGIMG_5167-1.JPGIMG_5175-1.JPGIMG_5154-1.JPGto cones straight and stop turn within them etc
somehow my camera got changed to creative mode so it took photos in different light and black and white
but it messed up pixels to much larger:mad:
I think i got it set back
WE are going to try to make this a regular thing a few days a week :)

Reactions: GaryB and Trewsers
Sonny unmounted 98.5 hrs
Mounted 21.25 hrs
Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs.

NO wardrobe malfuncitons yesterday:p:p.

Had some fun play the last couple days but we had and awesome riding play yesterday;).
We had 3 of us woo hoo. Toni and I rode but Virginia joined in to play with the pony.:).
This is REALLY REALLY BIG BECAUSE Virginia likes a sterile ring so for her to play with poles and cones
I ride here at my place and Toni at Virginia where she bIMG_5341.JPGIMG_5347.JPGIMG_5370.JPGIMG_5330.JPGoards Levi.
We try to do similar things.
Here is Virginia lunging Paige then playing with poles and cones.
20181206_112909-1.jpg20181206_113258-1.jpg
Toni riding levi

Reactions: Trewsers and GaryB
I played with my poles at my house and my tire.
I did a quarter turn inside the tire walked thru
played with stopping between poles etc and backing out of the poles slightly up hill.
We had an awesome tme and we want to try to keep it up.
Hopefully Virginia will keep playing too.
I do have the luxury of being able to leave my stuff out though.:D
Anything we do riding she can do in hand. Or ride if she wants too:);)

IMG_5280.JPGIMG_5303.JPGIMG_5285.JPGIMG_5278.JPGIMG_5281.JPGIMG_5271.JPGIMG_5289.JPGIMG_5266.JPGIMG_5300.JPG

Reactions: Trewsers and GaryB
Just found this thread. This is from last Sunday’s hack. This is a Bridle path through a farm that was little used in the past until a fence line was run ever side of the middle of a field so you can ride without the grazing stock joining in which used to get hairy. It joins a Bridle path called gallows clough which has finally been resurfaced after many years of being full of HUGE mud ruts. Great to be able to ride out with very little road work -did just short of 5 miles.

Attachments

• FCF49704-0142-4386-8034-26D40198DC98.jpeg
    FCF49704-0142-4386-8034-26D40198DC98.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 5
It's been a while since I've posted in here! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun :)

Still hacking & riding plenty, which is awesome :) We've done a couple of clinics at my yard, lessons & lots of hacking.

My hacking mileage for this year is 750 miles, I think. Give or take a few as my route app no longer works with my phone ...!

A few snaps from our hacking the last few months ...

VetzwLT.jpg

5uaFzK4.jpg

F6bLwQ6.jpg

bp8pLrD.jpg

Plus, one from our liberty work judt because I love it ❤

sSZEoGT.jpg

Sonny unmounted 99.25 hrs
Sonny mounted 21.25 hrs
Andi unmounted 7.25 hrs

Really good play yesterday after he started out a little silly.
I'm working on more finesse on
Liberty transitions .

We dodged a bullet with the gigantic storm dumping LOTS if snow on the Carolinas and Virginia staying south of us.
Its looking to be cold but lots of
Sun all week.:):)
A small front will make a bit of the storm back slide snow to Cape cod and the islands on Wed but as of now not thank God coming near this far up:p.

We have a play day set for tomorrow not sure if we will be 2 or 3.
Toni picked up some bigger cones and Santa hats for their play set up at
Virginia,s.
I texted a bunch of photos of ideas for set ups from one of my 101 exercises books to Toni.

It should be another fun day tomorrow.

Reactions: GaryB
newrider.com