2019 Hacking/Riding Thread

Miserable weather this morning but glorious this afternoon, so managed a ride in the sunshine, despite Hogan being FILTHY! Caked in mud from top to toe. He was very good, even when a very bouncy lurcher bounded up to us and danced all over the place at his heels. Thoroughly enjoyed my bonus ride- it was like spring and I was hot even without a jacket. Just as well to squeeze rides in now, as my daughter starts her uni nursing placement in November, and granny duties will explode.

Yaye this riding is becoming a habit lol
Managed to ride again today - beautiful sunshine, sea view. What else is there?!! He was good too, never bothered about the tons of stone just dropped off at my neighbours - nor them moving it. All within earshot too. I need to bottle all these good rides then dig them out next time I’m worried - or during the winter here when riding becomes impossible.:)

Reactions: GaryB and Huggy
Yaye this riding is becoming a habit lol
Managed to ride again today - beautiful sunshine, sea view. What else is there?!! He was good too, never bothered about the tons of stone just dropped off at my neighbours - nor them moving it. All within earshot too. I need to bottle all these good rides then dig them out next time I’m worried - or during the winter here when riding becomes impossible.:)
It's great when it all comes together!

Sonny unmounted 123.00 hrs
Mounted 27.75 hrs
Andi unmounted 1.75 hrs

OHHH a wild few days we are SOOOOOOOOOOOO LUCKY to not have lost power.
So many have and lots of damage and many will be out til at least the end of the weekend.
I have not done a huge walkabout to the hill area but only a few little bits here and there around the house and barn areas.
I will probably be chasing some of my obstacles I saw my clothes line gate blew over… but that's so minor to other places.
Wed I did a liberty play in the round pen before the bad weather came.
He got really silly britches and was really flying aound and slipped and fell on his butt...:(:eek:
BUT thankfully he is fine. He just got too silly too quick to shut him down.:(
Horrible winds and 4.45 inches rain overnite wed. No issues with lots of rain.
The bad winds continued thru last nite and today should be just a normal windy day.
Hopefully back to legging up today a bit online and liberty and riding maybe tomorrow.
Still holding on to the bug from HELL.... hopefully it wears out its welcome SOON.
Im sooooo glad of all the places we looked we found our paradise place that is sooo good to maintain trees along the roadways. The tree trucks went past several times yesterday making sure trees were not in danger of taking wires down.

Then he came back to earth and stettled down

Then I get the WHO ME LOOK....
I don't know what your talking about.

I caught a window of good weather this morning and went out early - soon it'll be dark at that time. Again a good boy, but we had incredible thunderstorm last night, and he was a wee bit spooky, especially round puddles - wally! Must get a picture next time I'm out, we passed a dead tree - all spiky and almost white, with a big crow sitting on top. Reminded me of the theme to "Follyfoot", Lightening tree - anyone remember that?

Sonny unmounted 124.75 hrs
Mounted 27.75 hrs
Andi unmounted 1.75 hrs

Some REALLY GOOD play several times yesterday. Ill have to see how I feel on riding today.

He was much better in the little cavaletti pen no silly nonsense.
That pen is not big enough for that.
Later I went up on the hill to play with the new pole set up. I had not looked up there sicne the storm and ohhh I was pleased really no branchs or debris down yea..
The pole play was good ill leave that set up as is for now.

Then i played a bit in the arena that in good shape a couple things blew over
2 Halloween cone things and one side of my clothes line gate. Nothing horrible
I sent him thru the cut tire then into it

he had a good gallop in the big rd pen thats big enough

I set up a poles cross this am in the grassy area near the arena.
We had left a big spot long cause the wild turkeys liked it but my husband mowed it last nite. We had a nice frost this am yea.

My OH has put me a riding track round the paddocks till after the winter so I don’t have to ride in the traffic. So had a very squelchy ride round it yesterday :)

Despite the sqelching that sounds ace!!!!
That is just what we started during the summer but with one thing and another it did not get finished. But hopefully...........................

Sonny unmounted 126.00 hrs
Mounted 28.50 hrs
Andi unmounted 1.75 hrs

LOL to that look it was really windy and I think he was looking at something flapping
behind me.

Awesome to having a track yea!!!

Had a great play in the big rd pen and an awesome ride yesterday.
The poles were great.
Its nice when its still cold when i ride to not need fly spray or a fly mask.
Hopefully another good ride today.
There was another great frost today 2 days in a row will help a lot to rid of
mosquitoes.

Another dry morning - YES! Cracking ride out, all the way round the inclosure, past the ponies, and even past another rider, shoulder to shoulder, without a stop, or a strop! He's so much better, with so many things, I just wish I could stop knotting up when I see what I perceive to be a problem! I know that's what's stopping me going further afield, and I'm annoying myself now! Can't make up my mind whether to tackle a canter, or going out further from the inclosure. I'd like to try cantering on his right lead, because I keep unconsciously asking on his left - I know I did this with Ramsey too, unless we were in the school. He's reluctant on the left lead, so I ought to try the right, and see if it's general reluctance, or just discomfort on that side. Confusing myself now..... :rolleyes:

Well this weekend was my Harveyversary (I've had Harvey for 3 years now). On Saturday I went to ride with the girl I shared my share horse with - beacause we shared the same horse we had never ridden together before. She no looks after 3 ex racers who have never done much other than racing. She has been riding them in the field and for very short hacks but needed some equine company to progress. I took Harvey over in the horsebox and we had a nice hack around the area I used to ride.

On Sunday it was the fifth anniversary of the first time I show jumped (wonderful thing Facebook!). I took Harvey to an SJ clinic with my YO instructing. We practiced small combinations of fences building up to a full round at 90cm. The fences then went up and I opted just to do part of the course as Harvey was feeling tired. We did 2 doubles, a skinny and an oxer - the first 3 being 100cm and the oxer 105cm which is the highest Harvey and I have jumped. My groom did take some video, but its proving a bit difficult to acquire it from her ATM!

When we got back I borrowed the yard veteran to accompany another livery for a hack as she doesn't hack on her own.

Harvey babysitting :)
i-P8Mdwsg-XL.jpg

Back from a successful Hack
i-M5ng58c-X2.jpg

Hacking
7 miles
1 hour 45

Schooling
1 hour

Totals
Schooling
34 hours 50