2019 Hacking/Riding Thread

If there was no reason to like last nites snow well little THEODORE
gave me one.

I looked out hes looking at the sky mouth open ?????
Then he is rearing up front legs flailing ...
Hes trying to grab SNOW FLAKES.

Funny little goat.
I tried to get photos but the deck was in the way and if i had walked out he would have
stopped.
I would love to have had a video of that :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It made all the shoveling and snowblowing at dawn today
WORTH IT.:);)

IMG_9014.JPGIMG_9022.JPGIMG_9021.JPG

If there was no reason to like last nites snow well little THEODORE
gave me one.

I looked out hes looking at the sky mouth open ?????
Then he is rearing up front legs flailing ...
Hes trying to grab SNOW FLAKES.

Funny little goat.
I tried to get photos but the deck was in the way and if i had walked out he would have
stopped.
I would love to have had a video of that :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It made all the shoveling and snowblowing at dawn today
WORTH IT.:);)

View attachment 97249View attachment 97250View attachment 97248
That is ridiculously cute!

Wow we are on a roll ..... rode today walk and trot practised what we learned on our lesson the other day rode for an hour in the indoor school as stormy was loading practise in our box. I feel like I am getting stronger in my legs..... and riding better ... I did lots of changes of rein and transitions walk to halt etc :) i am really enjoying riding again.

Sonny unmounted 13.50hrs
Mounted 3.75 hrs

Some more play in the front yard in cavaletti area today
and the tire.
WE got a lot of sun yesterday after the snow and some today too so things melted
a bit but not so much to make the ground soft;).
LOL its the calm before the SNOW STORMS :(:mad:

One tonite thru most of tomorrow then one sundan night into monday
both a lot bigger than yesterday.
But MARCH IS starting out like A LION:eek::eek::eek:
20190301_145358.jpg
So it had better go out like A LAMB:):):);););)
20190301_144805(0)-1.jpg
It was not all that warm but the sun felt pretty good.

Just how much do animals really instinctively know? Getting ready for a hack on weds and received devastating family news. I was in bits and ready to go home, but my friend told me to just go out, take the time to be on my own. I couldn't have coped with any nonsense that day, and I didn't have to. Hogan was an utter sweetheart from start to finish. I don't honestly remember much of what we did, but do remember feeling completely safe to just sit and let him do his thing. Thanks Hogan, you knew just what I needed.

Beautiful morning - calm before the storm, according to forecasts - gales and rain to come! Managing a bit more trotting, he has a very comfortable trot, feels like riding a much bigger horse. Transition is a lot smoother too, as though it's gradually coming back to him! Halts improving as well. Before, I was just glad that he managed to stop, now he's standing pretty square, and actually feels like he's waiting to hear what's next. We were out for around an hour and fifteen minutes.

Attachments

• 20190302_103318.jpg
    20190302_103318.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 5
Well, Mr Zi was so good today. OH feels very under the weather but he was so nice to him and did not take advantage (I know some horses who would lol) and I rode him first and he was really good too. We walked over some poles and did some weaving about. There were a field full of greylags opposite that decided it would be fun to take off in a huge flock:eek:but Mr Zi took it all in his stride:)

I knew we had heavy snow coming heres how it looked at 4am and its not done yet.
It is supposed to stop around dawn and start to clear.

I will have to snowblow to get out to the horses.

IMG_9310.JPGIMG_9304.JPGIMG_9309.JPGIMG_9311.JPGIMG_9303.JPG
Its probably good it has not turned to rain sloppy muck at the bottome makes it all the worse to deal with.

The downside is today will warm up a bit then we have an arctic freeze coming for the next few days:(:(

NO melting and whats not shifted is gonna freeze like cement...
but if it was saturated with rain it would be all the worse..

COME ON SPRING ….

Sonny unmounted 15.25hrs
Mounted 3.75 hrs

LOL WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yesterday was LOVELY ;) The sun came out it felt nice and strong:cool:.
We had a lot of melting. I even took my coat off at one point woo hoo.

I played along time in the front yard and cavaletti round pen a few different times.
View attachment 97326View attachment 97327View attachment 97328View attachment 97329View attachment 97330View attachment 97331View attachment 97332View attachment 97325
Hey steady on - taking coats off indeed!:p

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I knew we had heavy snow coming heres how it looked at 4am and its not done yet.

View attachment 97337View attachment 97334View attachment 97335View attachment 97336View attachment 97333
Its probably good it has not turned to rain sloppy muck at the bottome makes it all the worse to deal with.

The downside is today will warm up a bit then we have an arctic freeze coming for the next few days:(:(

COME ON SPRING ….

Oh goodness me! Looks like another planet where you are!!!!!!

We had a quiet weekend. It was due to rain in Sunday so I planned to hack on Saturday and school on Sunday. Saturday was nice and I had a nice 4 mile trip with a fellow livery. We would have been out for a bit longer but I had promised to turn YOs horse out for her. She can be a bit interesting to handle and I'm the only one that can do it ATM.

On Sunday the YO wanted to hack but I didn't really want to take Harvey on the wet roads (as he spooks at the cars going through puddles) so I borrowed the yard veteran to take.

After lunch I took Harvey out to do some jumping but by this time the wind was getting up and it turned into a bit of a rodeo so I quit while I was still on top

Hacking
6 miles
2 hours

Schooling
20 minutes

Totals

Schooling
6 hours 10

Hacking
47.2 miles
14 hours

This may be the Pitts but the southeast had multuple tornadoes.
That's MUCH WORSE.
Neighborhoods are disintegrated .

It looks like the back edge is approaching
Yea it will be over soon..
Can't compete - best I can come up with is it was a bit windy today and it hailed for about 2 minutes. Not very dramatic at all, although Hogans reaction to hail on his bum was epic o_O:D

View attachment 97337View attachment 97334View attachment 97335View attachment 97336View attachment 97333

COME ON SPRING ….
Good grief!

newrider.com